GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scot I understand what you are trying to do but be very careful to open this one up to limits. I say what you have is fine and I would recommend sticking to your guns
I agree!

The rules are what they are and will stay the same so bring what ya got and lets have some fun!!

Let me just add This is a 5 car minumum if there is less than that it won't be run.

SW.

OK, I see your points. And Scot, yes my 1.8's would ET better, but your mph would have you passing me like I was standing still. ;)

Now, I just gotta figure out how to get my car there. I would actually fit better in the 8.49 index class, just have to turn the boost back a pound or two.

This sounds like a pretty fun class.

I would also state in the rules you can't drive through the water box. The radial tire will fling water all down the track. Not good for the next running class.

This sounds like a pretty fun class.

I would also state in the rules you can't drive through the water box. The radial tire will fling water all down the track. Not good for the next running class.

The track does have a pull around water box but it is not mandatory that you do. I will take care of most of the track prep so you have no worries;)

I'll give ya a loop hole. A nice 5.0 stang on spray would work good in this class. Not sure if this is a buick only class from the rules.

looks interesting....

I saw a class like this before and to keep the "race" cars out they did a 30 mile cruise....I think it was called top street or something.....just an idea...I am planning on coming, is there a place to register yet Clint? I will keep my eye on this thread as details come out....March will be here before I know it!!!!

I'll give ya a loop hole. A nice 5.0 stang on spray would work good in this class. Not sure if this is a buick only class from the rules.

Turbobuick.com Nationals.... Only makes allowed are any Buicks, TTA's, SY/TY's. Only exception to this being the Quick 8. It is open to any BUICK BODIED OR BUICK POWERED vehicles INCLUDING dragsters!! Hooray Mike Booher!!

We don't want no stinking Mustangs to sour the event.... I like the new stangs however. And the TT Taurus :)

I saw a class like this before and to keep the "race" cars out they did a 30 mile cruise....I think it was called top street or something.....just an idea...I am planning on coming, is there a place to register yet Clint? I will keep my eye on this thread as details come out....March will be here before I know it!!!!

Boy don't I know it!! Ask Holly Hartline and I how we know...:frown:
Its not like any pre-registration for the racing, You will just come in and then pay for whatever class you decide to run. The only pre-registration so to speak will be those who plan on being in attendance in Burlington for the Tech sessions and stuff so we know how much food to provide for FREE to those that are coming. Also Burlington requires NO PAYMENT. Totally free food, parts testing, tech sessions, dyno time. You name it we got it baby!! Also keep an eye on the vendor thread so that you can see who is coming and can bring something for you if needed. We are all about some fun now.

This class is for the guys who like to drive their cars, it is not as easy as everybody thinks. The idea is to get people involved that would come and watch or bracket race. The rules are open so not to eliminate people who have fast street cars, hooking power on true radials takes some thottle control and in the 1/8 mile if you spin you'll loose most of the time. Just my 2 cents. I hope Kevin and Tom come so I can see my friends since I am moving. Hope everbody participates in a new class that Scott and i have talked alot about since being involved with Pro Touring Events over the past year. Hope to see alot of people there. And Don't forget ther is good BARBQ in NC.

Are hybrids allowed then? These guys really don't have a heads up class. This would be great for them.

Are hybrids allowed then? These guys really don't have a heads up class. This would be great for them.

I should correct myself. ANYTHING that has a Buick body or is powered by a buick powerplant can participate. TSM and TSO will follow the same rules they always have up to and including the date for the event. There is alot to choose
from so there will be something for everyone. You are also not limited to 1 class. You can run as many classes as you want as long as you are able to make the round call. Like the Q8 for example I believe that Louie Lopez will be running this class with SBC powered regal. I hope that Richie Kibler will also be running with his SBC regal. So if you have a buick powered mustang and a Ford powered Opel GT it is welcome to join us. Or maybe even a buick powered nissan... I bet there is one of those out there. Any hybrid cars that fall into the body or engine category can run any of the index classes, bracket classes, tag team, tst n tune, quick 8 or what have you. Now as far as TSR you will have to ask Scot if he is going to allow hybrids in his class. Totally his call.

OK, I see your points. And Scot, yes my 1.8's would ET better, but your mph would have you passing me like I was standing still. ;)

Now, I just gotta figure out how to get my car there. I would actually fit better in the 8.49 index class, just have to turn the boost back a pound or two.
;) Turn the Boost UP and run TSR!! You have your car figured out for sure dave and yes I seen it with my own eye's cut 1.80 60's with little firestones!! It will be awesome to have you there with it. If there is anything I can do to help you just let me know. So far from TN running in the TSR class will be Me and Eric.

I will be out of service for several days as we are heading up to the cottage in the mountians for the weekend (No cell service, No tv) just peace and quiet.. BE BACK MONDAY!

SW.

I was going to take the big ford , with the new fuel managment i jusst bought for it and leave in 4wd.

So, the rules at the beginning of this thread are not the official rules? I figured that since it says TSR those were the rules.
YES Tom, the rules in This thread are the official TSR rules.. :rolleyes:

Are you coming down to race?

SW.

The tires become a safety issue when the power goes up. Regular radials will go up in smoke all the way down the track..

Good luck with the class. Sounds like a great beginner class.

The tires become a safety issue when the power goes up. Regular radials will go up in smoke all the way down the track..

Good luck with the class. Sounds like a great beginner class.

I wouldn't classify it as a beginner class personally. Gonna take quite a bit of skill just to get down the track

Status
Not open for further replies.