You can type here any text you want

GNX #092 6500 miles $19,900

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Dropped the price to 16,400. SCAM for sure...cause someone on here would have had it by now :)

All I can say is they will not answer the phone and it goes into a fax….and they will not e-mile or call me back when I showed interest in the vehicle….:rolleyes:

First, the price is scammishly low. Next, the Cali tag on the Typhoon leads me to believe maybe a scam. But, that doesn't make it a bold fact yet. Next, the phone number going to Calhoun Middle School and ringing to a fax is indicative of a scam, but it could be a misprint.

However, I personally live maybe 15 minutes from Calhoun. I have NEVER seen a GNX in the area since they were new and the local Buick dealer (who also happens to be my uncle) had one that was sold to someone out of town in 1987. Nor have I seen a white and gray Typhoon in the area for at least 10 years.

I'm gonna go with scam for now. But I will ask around to a few people that would know if this car existed even if in secrecy. As far as I know, the closest thing to a GNX in the area is my clone, outside of the people with "My neighbors cousins best friends dog has a factory twin turbo V8 GNX in a field behind his house" stories.

I got an e-mail back from him today. He said he is willing to negotiate on the price. I think its still a scam but if you want me to forward you the e-mail that he sent to me send me a PM with you e-mail.

The message I sent to him on 09/26:

"Have cash in hand to purchase. What time can I come look at the car? Where in Calhoun is it located?"

His reply on 09/30:

Hi Barron,

First of all thank you for your interest. The car is in perfect order, no maintenance needed for the following months. The price is negotiable hoping for a quick sale. I want to inform you that my current location is Everett, Washington, but I can arrange shipping and I will allow 5 days for inspection.
If the distance is not an issue we can move forward.
Let me know if you need any details of the car.

All the best,
Thomas Quinn

It seems odd to me. The car is listed as being in Calhoun, LA with a phone number ringing to a Calhoun Middle School fax line, pics show another vehicle with California tags, but an email states the car is in WA. Do we have any members in the Everett, WA area who could go try to meet up with this guy?

Anyone who's got half a brain can see it's another Nigerian scammer.

The lousy grammer and mismatched sentances is a dead giveaway.

Anyone who's got half a brain can see it's another Nigerian scammer.

The lousy grammer and mismatched sentances is a dead giveaway.
I got e-mailed back from him also. Seeing how long I can play with him. Here's the e-mail he sent

Hi Viktor,

First of all thank you for your interest. The car is in perfect order, clear carfax, no accidents, no maintenance needed for the following months. The price is negotiable hoping for a quick sale. I want to inform you that my current location is Chicoutimi, Canada, but I will arrange free shipping and I will allow 5 days for inspection. The car is still titled in the US.
If the distance is not an issue we can move forward.
Let me know if you need any details of the car.

All the best,
Thomas Quinn

here's what I sent...

For a car like that the distance is not an issue. Give me your phone number and address and we'll talk when the best time we can meet up. I will be flying up to check out the car and if all is good we can do the transaction right there. I have friends that live in Québec and Cape Breton Island which I will be meeting up with to help me transport the car. No need to set up any shipping.

I wonder if he's going to catch somebody with this. Obviously it won't be anyone here!

Back