Gnx #359 W/ 9 Miles

troGNman said:
Thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm not surprised that the selling dealer held onto it. Straub Buick in Keyport, NJ still has theirs sitting on the showroom floor. It had 440 miles last time I checked.

The "3-headlight" car looks to be a '85/86 Pontiac J2000 or Sunbird Turbo. Maybe they thought that would be collectible too. :eek:

p.s. I'm curious to see what the dealer sticker next to the GNX sticker said. It shows me that at one time they intended to sell the car when it was new.....just with an "Adjusted Value" markup. :eek:
Here is the dealer sticker that was on my GNX #233:
Price surcharge(due to limitied production) 44,900.00
Rustproofing 455.00
Undercoating 356.00
paint sealant 325.00
Fabric Protector 314.00
Total: 46,350.00

GNX 233 said:
Here is the dealer sticker that was on my GNX #233:
Price surcharge(due to limitied production) 44,900.00
Rustproofing 455.00
Undercoating 356.00
paint sealant 325.00
Fabric Protector 314.00

Just for reference, in 1988 my mother bought a Fully Loaded Cadillac Sedan DeVille for $25,000 :eek:

fvcwe4 said:
These pics were taken at a local Buick dealer of GNX #359 with 9 miles on it. This car has been sitting in this spot of their old showroom since 1987 and has never been sold or registered. The car was locked and only the owner has the keys, but the salesman let us in to take a few pictures. We unable to snap a picture of the odometer due to the layer of dust on the car and it being locked. Just thought I'd pass it along to you guys. Enjoy!
man,if you could only tell him one more time if he truely wants to sell it. IM HIGHLY interested in his gnX. i i will pay top dollar for a never driven gnX :eek: :biggrin:

EGOKILR said:
One in there showroom that is. He said he was sure it was a GNX and the owner is not selling it. Just asked him about 2 weeks ago, is there Anybody in Long Beach that can verify this?

Yep its at the Buick dealer in signal hill california off cherry ave, i live about 10 minutes from there, really really clean GNX dont know what number but the odometor only reads 16 hundred miles.. :)

Thanks for verifying

Yeah, thanks for confirming. I will tell my buddy, because he wasnt for sure if it was a GN or GNX. He stays off of Paramount out there.

jusa6.

Be careful with all these alleged 8 and 9 mile never driven cars. Many are simply guys that drove the cars with the window sticker still on and disconnected the speedometer. There is one in the Hemmings now and the guy claimed to be the original owner but is actually not and had to replace the tires because they dry rotted out???? Which is wierd since he claims it was always stored in a climate controlled garage? And even if they did dry rot out which I doubt since I bought my car from the original owner after it had spent it's entire life in Arizona in a non climate controlled garage and mine are original and fine. Since the guy in the hemmings claims the car has only 9 miles is stored on blocks and never driven why replace the original tires AND then throw the originals out? If you never drive it and it's in the air why replace the dry rot tires??????

Many a GNX out there on an MSO that has had 15 owners and the speedo disconnected claiming to have 9 original miles. IMHO

GNX # 41 said:
jusa6.

Be careful with all these alleged 8 and 9 mile never driven cars. Many are simply guys that drove the cars with the window sticker still on and disconnected the speedometer. There is one in the Hemmings now and the guy claimed to be the original owner but is actually not and had to replace the tires because they dry rotted out???? Which is wierd since he claims it was always stored in a climate controlled garage? And even if they did dry rot out which I doubt since I bought my car from the original owner after it had spent it's entire life in Arizona in a non climate controlled garage and mine are original and fine. Since the guy in the hemmings claims the car has only 9 miles is stored on blocks and never driven why replace the original tires AND then throw the originals out? If you never drive it and it's in the air why replace the dry rot tires??????

Many a GNX out there on an MSO that has had 15 owners and the speedo disconnected claiming to have 9 original miles. IMHO
yeah,im highly focused on all those things,espicially the money i spent.I look at all those factors as a MUST. im interested only in the 547# because i have spoken with the original owner and i know it is legitement car kept in prestine condition. But i am still highly interested than you,lol :biggrin:

Another GNX with 9 miles

GNX # 155 is in Hemmings Motor News page 291, only has 9 miles never registered. Asking 90K in Florida.

GNX 233 said:
Rustproofing 455.00
Undercoating 356.00
paint sealant 325.00
Fabric Protector 314.00

Did they really put that crap on a GNX? I would think those adds would slightly devalue the car.

dgoodhue said:
Did they really put that crap on a GNX? I would think those adds would slightly devalue the car.
The undercoating is there, as far as the paint sealant and the fabric protector...who knows as you would never tell anyway. That price is real, as that is what is on the bill of sale.

GNX # 155 has 9 miles always stored in a climate controlled garage on blocks and it doesn't have the original tires imagine that?

If you call the seller he will also tell you that the first 200 GNXs were sold to the FBI and that only 347 were sold to the public and out of the remaining 347 half were wrecked or destroyed so his is one of 100 left in existence. And he has several offers at 90K and now has opened his car for bids of over 100K he also may wait and take it to Barrett Jackson next year and get 250K.
It was a very entertaining conversation. I told him my GNX was # 41 and he said the FBI must have used it then sold it to the public. Which was very disappointing to me since I thought I bought mine from the original owner?

GNX # 41 said:
GNX # 155 has 9 miles always stored in a climate controlled garage on blocks and it doesn't have the original tires imagine that?

If you call the seller he will also tell you that the first 200 GNXs were sold to the FBI and that only 347 were sold to the public and out of the remaining 347 half were wrecked or destroyed so his is one of 100 left in existence. And he has several offers at 90K and now has opened his car for bids of over 100K he also may wait and take it to Barrett Jackson next year and get 250K.
It was a very entertaining conversation. I told him my GNX was # 41 and he said the FBI must have used it then sold it to the public. Which was very disappointing to me since I thought I bought mine from the original owner?
LOL, that guy sounds like a true car salesman.

GNX # 41 said:

It is amazing to me how many people think that they have the "true" or "untold" story of the Buick Grand National or GNX. It is quite amusing how much of an urban legend our cars are becoming.

It would be hilarious to tell that "know-it-all" that a GNX loses half of its value when the original tires are missing or replaced. LOL! And that you would sure be interested in the car otherwise.

Or that it's a "shame" that its not worth as much as the special 75 or so cars that had "FBI" stitched in the headrests. ;)

Hahaha nice story. I've NEVER heard of the FBI using GNXs. They DID purchase some of the 82 GNs I think? I forget the exact year, but it was an earlier model GN they bought and sure as hell weren't GNXs.

wiked87gn said:
Yep its at the Buick dealer in signal hill california off cherry ave, i live about 10 minutes from there, really really clean GNX dont know what number but the odometor only reads 16 hundred miles.. :)
#308 with 151 miles, not 1600. :smile: he's not selling :mad:

fvcwe4 said:
These pics were taken at a local Buick dealer of GNX #359 with 9 miles on it. This car has been sitting in this spot of their old showroom since 1987 and has never been sold or registered. The car was locked and only the owner has the keys, but the salesman let us in to take a few pictures. We unable to snap a picture of the odometer due to the layer of dust on the car and it being locked. Just thought I'd pass it along to you guys. Enjoy!

Someday more people are going to figure out that that car is in there... Glad you got to see it...He's been adding other cars to the "collection" lately - saw an uncovered older Mustang in there recently too... ;)