You can type here any text you want

GNX #387 went for $132,000

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
here we go again!!

gnx sold last year for 94k, didn't change the market. Sold today for 120k,won't change the market.There have been mint low mile ones to be had for a long time and are not selling for anywhere near that price. This just proves again that B.J. brings out the spenders a couple of times a year and that's it. I'm curious to see how many x's will be at he next auction and how many have suddenly jumped up in their selling price.

I'm not saying it's going to change anything...Just providing the info for those that were interested. The other 2 GN's went for $32,000 and some change and the T-top for $42,000 and some change (I believe that was the prices, should be close). I know you can buy cheaper ones off E-bay, but nice to see a GNX get a little $$$ spent on it.....but it won't change the world.

gnx

I know you didn't say that. I was just making a point based on my search for the right gnx for me. 3 of the 6 sellers said that if their car did not sell before B.J. that the price would change accordingly with the auction results. Imo it just proves that the big spenders buy from B.J. for diff. reasons. If you wanted a quality coll. car it can be bought from anywhere in the U.S. for a lot less and no 18% combined fee, no transport, no bidders fee, no lodging, etc.

I'm sure your correct but the people with cars or the ones looking to buy cars SHOULD look at the majority rather than a few. Should being the main word. There is always going to be 1 or 2 cars that go for alot more than most, but in the short time I've been looking at GN's the "average" is what the people look at. But there are a few that say, "One just like this sold for $$$ so this is what I'm going to ask" and it's WAY above the norm.

my favorite part was how the old v6 sold for 2x what some late 60s camaros and early 70s challengers sold for..even a couple 60s shelbys went for less

Is this a real sale??

I know the auction results state the sale, was anyone at the auction that can verify the price and buyer? Was it real or a shill or some type of rigged sale. Seems hard to believe, especially when you can buy a 9 mile in the wrapper car right now for 92,000. That 9 mile car was for sale for months and anyone could have found it, also there were many low mile under 5,000 mile cars available all summer long for 60,000-80,000.00 So why pay such a high auction price plus auction fee's, its not like you were on tv for your 5 minutes of bidding fame. Its not like you can say you are big time for paying so much for a GNX, people look at the buyer as he/she is not too savy. Just wondering if there was anyone there that can actually verify the sale went thru and the buyer took ownership. Thanks for any and all responses.

Barret Jackson!!! You no longer have to be smart to get a car just have $$.

The auction wasn't on TV because of commercials but I watched it online. They got some cameras rigged up around the stage and all you hear is the crowd and the auctioneer, no TV commentators. It seemed pretty legit. There were 2 bidders fighting over the car. It seemed real but, who knows?! Thanks!

Back