You can type here any text you want

GNX and Hypertech3 Chip ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPOOLN

Hi Fellow Members,
I have an unknown chip, bootleg. I was told it was a Hypertech3, since i have my new T-6 Tuner i am able to look at it's parameters. I would like to be able to compare it to the real thing as there is no writing anywere on it. I already have the immage for the Hypertech2 so i know they are not the same. I just want to be sure! Also Is there a bin file anywhere for the GNX chip?
Thanks Tom:)

Chips

So does anyone know what is in the Hypertech 3 chip? I am mainly interested in the timing table. And also is there a bin file anywhere on the GNX chip?
Thanks Tom:)

I think I have it somewhere. Its a stock chip with the boost raised. If Im not mistaken, the Stage 1, 2 and 3 chips were identical. The difference in power gains came from the other mods that were "required" to run the different stages.

I could be wrong. I haven't looked at one in many years but thats what I seem to recall being the case.

Chips

Thank you for your response on the chips. I tried to open the GNX bin file,however a notice came up that program was in compatable. Do i need to input any other type code. I do have the T-6 tuner with pocketprogrammar 2.
Thanks
Tom:)

PS. I am still new to this chip thing so i have a lot to learn;)

Tom,
Using a hex editor for the GNX .bin, change address $7A2 from AA to 31. You should then be able to read it with T6 Tuner.

Eric

No, not firsthand. It came from the personal collection of a chip maker that we all know and respect ;) I also ran it in my car with no unusual symptoms.

It's very possible the real GNX file is based on an 86 file since they started working on it in 1986.

If you can prove/disprove it's authenticity, I'd appreciate it.

[:-)

Originally posted by JayC
I think I have it somewhere. Its a stock chip with the boost raised. If Im not mistaken, the Stage 1, 2 and 3 chips were identical. The difference in power gains came from the other mods that were "required" to run the different stages.

I could be wrong. I haven't looked at one in many years but thats what I seem to recall being the case.

Jay,

The Hypertech Stage 1 & 2 were basically the same as stock as you said. The stage 1 & 2 raised boost & tcc lock-up. The stage 2 also lowered the fan-on temp. Stage 1 stock fan-on temp.

The Stage 3 was sort of interesting, revised timing table in mid range, and A/F was set at 11.74 or 11.8, also fuel by tps, and rpm were modified.

Some of the GNX bin looks as if the Hypertech 3 was used as a base line or visa-versa?

Man those things go back to when we were young'ins

:)

Joe

Ah.. All I have I think is a stage 1 on my hard drive. I never saw the others. I think it was Don Kiger that told me they were all the same.

Interesting info....

Just had to go look and make sure.. all the Hypertech stuff I have is all the same but its not labeled very well so it's probably all the same chip. I did stumble across a Hypertech 928 chip. Now THAT's a relic :)

Chips from the past

Hi Joe,
This Hypertech 3 chip is one that you had made back in the very early 90s. My stock GN ran 13 flat with it in there. It was given to me by a very dear friend, **** Ciechan. He was not sure at the time, if it was the Gnx or Hypertech 3. It has no writing on it, just a gold dot. The timing table does have more timing on the bottom end and midrange of the map. The timing map seems to work well with my current setup, best of both worlds.
Tom :)
PS. Thanks guys for the help on the Gnx bin list.:)

question about stage 2

very interesting guys, just have a couple of questions.....i have a hyper stage 2 in my car, and wanted to know the basic differences from the stock chip, i know it is old tech but i am curious. also what does a change in convertor lockup do? thanks, i am new at this. also, if the hyper increases boost, do i have to be concerned about knock? my car is basically stock and i need to know if i need a knock gauge. i always run 94 octance

Chips

Hi Buzzman,
If you have the T-6 you can compare the tables between the stock chip and Hypertech 2. The timing is the same, boost is raised and the temp is lowered in certain areas. I also like that chip, i just run only 15lbs of boost with no knock and the car runs fine. The factory did a good job when they designed the stock chip but lowering the temp could also be a benefit since these cars produce a lot of heat. I also ran a 12.80@108 with that chip, I did run some good gas and 18lbs boost. Hope this helps.
Tom :)

Back