You can type here any text you want

GNX Flares

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
For anyone running GNX fender flares - how much space could be gained if they were installed like the GNX with the fenders actually cut out so they would be functional instead of cosmetic?

Will, i don have flares on my car, however i would not be surprised if you can gain up to 1" of outward space.

Have you done a notch on your street car? or are you trying to keep it as simple as possible? Or both? :)

Subscribed: I really do not want to notch my car if I do not have to. I just do not like the idea of weakening the frame since my car is almost 100% street.

Don't know that you could mount the aftermarket flares like the ones on a true GNX. If anything you will actually lose some room because of the way they mount onto the fender lip. You could trim them back but then secure mounting would be a problem. My wife's car has the flares (Danko) and I can actually run larger wheels/tires on my lowered car with the fender lips rolled. Not saying it couldn't be done but it would be pretty extensive I would think.

For anyone running GNX fender flares - how much space could be gained if they were installed like the GNX with the fenders actually cut out so they would be functional instead of cosmetic?
My fenders are cut out & I'm using the inner fender kit from Rick (X-Ray). I'm running an 18X8 with a 4.5" BS. I also have a 1.25" spacer to make them come out more even with the flare. That in mind, I am guessing you could go a 9" wheel depending on the offset.

Back