You can type here any text you want

GNX Info Wanted

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SilverT

Does anyone have information about a GNX that was raffled off from Fisher Buick in Troy Mi. around Spring of 1988? I believe it was sponsored by 104.3 WOMC. Dick Purtan show I think the car was numbered in the 040's.

I do not know what the car number was, but I was at the event as I purchased a ticket to try and win the car….it was a reverse auction so when your name was called you are out of the raffle… I was called near the middle of the raffle :(…...the person that had the winning ticket was not at the event…the winner was from Westland Michigan only two mile from my house….never seen the car on the road. I have pictures but I can not find them at this time. And the event you noted is correct.

I found the pictures….Sorry for the poor quality as this was taken with an inexpensive 35mm, you remember the old stuff (or maybe not) :D…you can tell by the elaborate setting that this was also a charity event .I do not remember what charity but there were a couple of Detroit Pistons at the event, no Dennis Rodman but we did get 7’5” :eek: Chuck Nevitt and yes that is me looking up a mile to get his autograph. The car was shown on a turntable throughout the event and it was a great time even though I did not win it. :smile:

Attachments

• scan0017.jpg
    scan0017.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 352
  • scan0018.jpg
    scan0018.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 347
  • scan0019.jpg
    scan0019.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 342
  • scan0016.jpg
    scan0016.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 364
Wow those are cool pictures! I never expected that anyone would have this information on my car or pictures at the event. I have the paperwork and the charity was for Children's Hospital. Thanks again for all the information I always wondered what the event was like first hand and would like to have been there. Thanks again.
Regaldave

Not a problem....glad I could help..;)

Awsome pictures!

X-Ray, thanks for posting the awsome pictures! Those were the days when they did cool contests like that! A WOW you were couldn't about how tall Chuck Nevitt was - he's really tall! I remember seeing him and Larry Byrd play a game when I was kid. :cool:

Back