You can type here any text you want

gnx , is it real ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spikestta

how can I tell besides the obvious options or stickers that a gnx is real . What will the vin#'s tell you . Are there vins on the engine and tranny if so where are they. Thanks..

I may be wrong but, I don't think Buick utilize a special VIN, on the GNX cars, Yes both the trans and engine have serial numbers, as do all of the Grand Nationals and T-Type cars, but again no special numbers for the trans or engine were used on the GNX cars. (other than the dash number) You have to do your home work and look for things that were never offered on the other turbo Buicks. The GNX had special Stewart Warner gauges that had a an 8,000 tackometor, a 160 M.P.H speedometor, and a boost gauge to 15 psi.(and the nornal other gauges) The turbo had a contamination trap (can be seen by removing the turbo cover), the intercooler was a special unit, the pipe from the throttle body to the intercooler had a special hi-tech paint on it. The rear axle had a ladder bar system with a special aluminum axle cover. The GNX cars had aluminum rear brake drums, auxiliary trans cooler, and a lot more. I hope this helps a little;)

wasn't there a certain code on the SPID that denoted it was a GNX?
there is someone on here that can verify if the car is a real GNX with just the vin- i think he has a complete list of all the vins of the GN's that got converted.

You can post it here also.(By serial #). They are pretty good at finding them and getting thier history around here.

Little things help too, one guy found GNX clone... had a lot of GNX parts, finally I asked for VIN, but VIN isnt the answer UNLESS

1G4GJ1174GP123456 - the quick answer GP is 86 model, thus NO GNX, only one GNX GP model owned by Brad Conley 86 GNX prototype with electronic heat/ac

didnt even have to think about it

VIN is always HP for 87 Buick, period...

Kash's GNX Recreaton is th best GNX Clone thus far...

PM me with the VIN or go to GNXRegistry.ORG to verify whether a car is a genuine GNX. Submitting the VIN to the GNX Registry at GNXRegistry.ORG will tell you for sure.

Hope this helps.

how can I tell besides the obvious options or stickers that a gnx is real . What will the vin#'s tell you . Are there vins on the engine and tranny if so where are they. Thanks..

Back