GNX Shared Ownership

87WE4NJ

For show and pleasure use - a group of 6-12 (-2 months a year pp) could buy one of these unregistered hi-dollar miracles and share it for shows, trophies and pleasure cruises. Probably cost $150k+ for the right car

We have the legal, insurance and other issues worked out. We might combine it with an "in the plastic GN" and T-Turbo. We are flexible and positive ideas welcome - we and others are doing it with Rolls and other cars, why should Buick lovers be left out?

We may also have a GS455 Convertible in show condition for a similar approach...

6-12 owners and 25 million miles. that dont seem like a good deal. i live in mi and one of the others live in fl and another in co and so on. dont seem too good at all to me. but what do i know i am just a newbie. dave

Newbie is wrong

Do you think we would permit the kind of mileage you suggest? We have thought this through carefully so the cars will be maintained in concours, INCREASE in value and provide appropriate usage toparticipants

We do't need advice on how to do ths: we needed interested people who can AFFORD to do it and are capable of comprehending more than solo ownership of a street car -you are safe

We have an opportunity to acquire a GNX collection. Factional ownership will be at least $100kpp

sharing a car is just plain stupid. Thats like sharing shoes. Timeshares suck. Why not just rent a car and dog it?

Do you think we would permit the kind of mileage you suggest? We have thought this through carefully so the cars will be maintained in concours, INCREASE in value and provide appropriate usage toparticipants

We do't need advice on how to do ths: we needed interested people who can AFFORD to do it and are capable of comprehending more than solo ownership of a street car -you are safe

We have an opportunity to acquire a GNX collection. Factional ownership will be at least $100kpp

For $100k a person could own their own GNX with low/no mileage. Granted it would only be 1 as opposed to a whole collection but they would always have the car, determine how it is used, and still share in the expected appreciation.

I would think the fractional ownership would be good if it allowed someone use/partial ownership of a GNX for less than the cost of actually owning their own.

This has to be one of the most moronic ideas I have ever read on this site. Why would someone want to share ownership of a car. It certainly can't be for investment purposes because your share of the money used to buy a car could be invested more wisely. You can't drive it because if you break it while driving it the other owners get pissed or they are pissed because you drove it one more mile than they did.

If you do something like this you might as well start renting out your wife to other guys as well. Some things are meant to be kept to yourself and cars are one of them. :confused: :eek:

I'm sure a company could earn pretty good on these scams. They buy a car for $100,000 & sell it to ten investors for $150,000 with easy financing available. Then transportation of the car to the ten investors is handled by the company as is ALL servicing, detailing, insurance or any other required small print in the contract. Plus by them targeting certain rare collector cars they can over inflate the values of them to help resale value on cars they own. The only trick is to find 10 morons to buy the same car!

I've thought of getting two or three friends together to purchase a car, just like this. Of course it would have to be stored at my house, for my use whenever I wanted it. I guess that's why nobody took me up on it. I would think if people are really going to jump on an idea like this (and I'm sure some already have), I would think the car would just have to be stored somewhere and never driven. Just think, three years ago you could have bought a low mile GNX for $35k. Just letting it sit would have been better than investing in stocks. Same car would be worth $80k today.

I guess it isn't working all over the world :)

This not an idea, there are many large efforts

We are now working on a rare, on-off $3million +
collections

You could never have the intelligece or money to participate; It is not for losers who want someone to finance their beater

This is an auto site, not group therapy which you need if only you had the IQ

sharing a car is just plain stupid. Thats like sharing shoes. Timeshares suck. Why not just rent a car and dog it?

This not an idea, there are many large efforts

We are now working on a rare, on-off $3million +
collections

You could never have the intelligece or money to participate; It is not for losers who want someone to finance their beater

These are some nice words coming from a person trying to raise some cash in our Buick community. I wonder how there parent holding company feels about these kind of front men conducting themselves on public forums?? Remember the old saying..... Good news travels fast, Bad news travels FASTER. ;)

So let me get this straight.

Instead of:

1. Outlining a bit of detail about your concept of fractional supercar ownership and how it would work,
2. Addressing the legitimate concerns expressed by some on this forum, many of whom are quite capable both financially and intellectually, and
3. Demonstrating specifically how you offer some value over individual ownership, especially at price points that rival those of outright purchase,

You instead resort to childish schoolyard insults that reflect badly not only on you personally but your “company” as well?

To wit:

maybe you should try something else... maybe you and your hs friends can start mowing lawns... good money there.
listen... i KNOW how i treat my car. I KNOW how my friends treat cars. If i break it i fix it. Now... if it was a timeshare. If i broke it... i would fix it so it "worked" then let someone else deal with it.

I'm in. I'll be needing it to deliver pizzas for the next couple months. Have it in my driveway on monday, 6 am sharp. You won't have to worry about any damage to the top from the big dominos sign, it uses a magnet, not screws to stay on top of the car. Does anyone know how many pizza pies a GNX can hold in the trunk?

oh!!!!!! :eek: I'd just go buy the car myself .. I wouldn't let half my friends drive my stuff :p hmmm wait I have no friends :biggrin:

Gee, I guess we can't be too stupid if we aren't falling for your lame-brained SCAM. This reminds me of the Dateline segment that aired last night about people wanting you to send in a couple of thousand dollars to help release millions.:rolleyes: I guess we should sell you our cars for cheap so you can flip them too. Find another site to hustle.