You can type here any text you want

GNX Size Tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ecna

I just bought a GN with 255/50-16 and 245/50-16 and it's time for tires.

I'm contemplating running the BFG Drag Radials. What do you guys think of them for regular driving on the street. If I use those, what match would you use for the front?

If I go with all 4 as "regular" tires... what do you guys like? I think the BFG's look good, but hear good things (and you can't beat the price!) about Khumos and Sumitomos.

Thanks.

If you go with the Drag radials as every-day tires, keep in mind that you wont get many miles out of them. All Drag type tires are a very soft compound so they will wear down quickly. Actually, any performance tire is softer than say a touring tire. You might be lucky to get 5-10k miles out of a daily driven drag radial???? So, its a toss up. If you really NEED the traction and don't mind buying new tires every year go with the drag tires. If you want more mileage, but lesser traction, try any performance radial tire(BFG Radial TA for example). Do some research, the higher the UTQG rating of the tire, the longer it will last. The lower the UTQG, the softer, and the more traction it has.

I have Nitto drag radials (GTA Wheels) on rear of my GN. It is really interesting to drive in the rain! Don't do it! It is very dangerous. I would not have DR's on a daily driver unless I lived in the desert.
Conrad Carter
North Carolina

yeah...I run BFG DR's on the back of mine...I wouldn't rec. it for a daily driver. Wet pavement is fun though! ;)

I run Nittos on my daily driver & find they are as good in the rain as any other radial I've tried. I've researched BFG & MT & all my research says they are very dangerous in the rain, but I also find the Nittos wont 60' as well. I tried Toyos & after 2 360* spins in the rain, I went back to Nittos.

when i lived seattle i used firestone firehawks w/uni-t compound worked great in the rain tryed them at the track once .worked almost as good asd radial 1.72 60ft 11.03 1/4 sir not sure if they make anymore ? 30,000 miles to boot!

Back