GNX vs. Ram Air T/A

Crank driven

So have you ever driven over your buick crank or blown a head gasket? I 've been there and done that. Chevy = dime a dozen. Ate days a week!:D

So back to the original question, who would win, the WS6 TA or the GNX?:p

You blow head gaskets when you don't know what you're doing.

"Driven over a Buick crank" :confused:

Hey TT/A1233,
Are you saying that a lot of fast buick racers don't know what they are doing when they blow a head gasket? Please explain the remark in your earlier post.:rolleyes:

I think what he means is that you can run a tta and a buick for a long time in the 11 second range with proper tuneing and not blow the crank.And that most but not all the ones that do at that level had tuneing issues.

I don't think he was refering to the racers that are running in the low tens or nines that break cranks because they are pushing it to it's limits.

Or the ones that have had freak mishaps not due to there own fault.

He can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that was his point.

i know a guy who ran a 13.29 in a right-off-the-showroom-floor stock GN, that my friends, is what you call a ringer...
GNX can run high 12's stock

Originally posted by kshef
i know a guy who ran a 13.29 in a right-off-the-showroom-floor stock GN, that my friends, is what you call a ringer...
A 13.29 stock? Hard to believe but who knows? The norm was usually a very low 14 with very, very few dipping into the high 13's - STOCK.

I'm not raising the BS flag or anything but wow :eek: , that is hard to believe. I had a best ET with a PURE Showroom stocker (hardtop, light optioned car) back in '87 of 13.8+ and the car ('87 GN) was a beast. To have gained another five tenths on the ET with your friend's car just doesn't seem possible on the stock tires and factory setup, even if he was running the slightly lighter WE4. Traction was usually the problem with stock tires - or lack thereof.

And a high 12 with a STOCK GNX? No way. No one EVER got a high 12 with a stock GNX that I ever saw, mag testing or actual track testing. Usually ultra low 13's at the best.

Originally posted by kshef

13.29 STONE stock?:confused:

The GNX is one of my favorite cars, but the LS1 is is one of the greatest motors made in my opinion. There is a list of the fastest bolt on LS1 cars that is amazing (fastest is 11.2x w/boltons and no power adders). I put an LS1 in my truck (2002 excab 4900lbs), and went 13.90@97 mph on street tires (Kuhmos) with a 2800 stall. Dollar for Dollar the turbo buick is much cheaper to mod (everything for the LS1 is exspensive). As far as strength of the motor, there is a guy in Houston that went 9.62 on a head & cam setup with a 200 shot. The bottom has never been opened!
This is how I sum up my 2 favortie cars - turbo buick>*<LS1.;)

I would have to say the gnx if it had a small leak in the boost solenoid line;) But then I like the turbo cars best. I would feel for a stock or lightly moded ls1 in a street race against a syclone though.:D Been there done that results all ways the same. The lack of traction is the killer.

I've raced a LS1 on street, with 106 Oct + street chip and he had a running start.

You gotta remember, those fbodys are like airplanes, and gbodys are like boxes with wheels.

I'm at high alt so the LS1 didn't run that great, but still had a lot of power (not sure of his mods, but he had a few) I could keep up, but couldn't pass him without a standstill start.