You can type here any text you want

gnx ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
What to look for when uninstalling true SW gnx gauges? Are the sending units specific as well? Any info would be appreciated.

What to look for when uninstalling true SW gnx gauges? Are the sending units specific as well? Any info would be appreciated.
the easiest way is to drop it off with me and ill transfer all my stuff on to the other car using my stuff,then ill hook it up in my car,i will make sure both cars leave working proper...:)

lol

the easiest way is to drop it off with me and ill transfer all my stuff on to the other car using my stuff,then ill hook it up in my car,i will make sure both cars leave working proper...:)

Tommy your like a brother but you cannot even read a scanmaster, how are you going to read all those high tech gauges? LOL ;) :biggrin:

I have attached pictures of the GNX Dash assembly that may help you in the uninstalliing of them ...and yes there are additional sending units for the water and oil presure gauges. Note the vacume line for the boost gauge....regards Rick

Attachments

• DSCN0642.jpg
    DSCN0642.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 226
  • dash 1JPG.jpg
    dash 1JPG.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 211
  • dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 216
I have attached pictures of the GNX Dash assembly that may help you in the uninstalliing of them ...and yes there are additional sending units for the water and oil presure gauges. Note the vacume line for the boost gauge....regards Rick

THANKYOU! Gotta love the hospitality and knowledge from this board. I will check them out and take some pics and compare each part to the pics you provided me.

Here is the only picture of the dash that I was provided. I know that is not a AVC. Can you tell from the pic what this is if real asc unit at all?

Attachments

• MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 214
It is really tough to see with the extreme angle of the picture. The Boost gauge is definitely not ASC OEM as it would have red in the portion that you can see.

It is really tough to see with the extreme angle of the picture. The Boost gauge is definitely not ASC OEM as it would have red in the portion that you can see.

true. Also the tach looks different. I will request more pics. I know it is a shot in the dark as the asc dash is rare as it gets. We will see.

GNX? Possibly a clone

The tach is the later-style center. It's either a real X with a replaced tach & boost gauge, or someone bought the kit from Joe Harrington to install a true GNX dash minus the exact gauges. Once the NOS stock ran out of the original style, he had the later style with different centers. The boost gauge might be the special 30lb "GNX Buick" labeled proto boost gauge that Joe had a few of. It looks like an SW gauge, but I can't quite see the center well enough. The speedo probably has a center needle similar to the tach, unlike the earlier version used in the production X dashes.

So.. it's 95% there... chances are it's a good clone with Joe's kit. Not a genuine X if so, but not bad.

-TG

gnx?

The tach is the later-style center. It's either a real X with a replaced tach & boost gauge, or someone bought the kit from Joe Harrington to install a true GNX dash minus the exact gauges. Once the NOS stock ran out of the original style, he had the later style with different centers. The boost gauge might be the special 30lb "GNX Buick" labeled proto boost gauge that Joe had a few of. It looks like an SW gauge, but I can't quite see the center well enough. The speedo probably has a center needle similar to the tach, unlike the earlier version used in the production X dashes.

So.. it's 95% there... chances are it's a good clone with Joe's kit. Not a genuine X if so, but not bad.

-TG

Thanks again. Will be getting more pics over the weekend and will post them up. Either way I knew it was a long shot but we will see.

Back