go -fast 2013 turbo regal

we2man

Alright guys, how do i make my 2013 regal t pick up some hp. Its turbo and inter cooled so it can't be that bad to hop up a little! Yesterday i rode in a subaru turbo and it felt pretty dang strong for a 4 cal. come on guys fill me in. I've had four grand nationals that ran awesome!!!!!!!! Is there anything i can do thank you guys! WE2MAN

No, unfortunately she's only got four thousand miles on the odometer. I thought I would wait a little longer for her to get broke in. The plans are real soon to install a cold air system and power programmer and possibly a exhaust system! Thanks for asking! I'll keep you posted it won't be long!

In April you asked about your 2012, now in May you own a 2013??????

Sorry it's a 2012 that was made in nov. 2012 so I've been told it could be a 2013 but I'll go with 2012! Sorry

The 10th character in the VIN will tell you what year the car is classified as.

If it's a "C", it's 2012, if it's a "D", it's a 2013.

Just like a Grand National, the first thing you have to do is let air in faster. Just installing a K&N Filter was enough to wake it up a touch for me. Thats easy enough. I opted for the direct replacement because the stock air filter housing pulls cool air from the wheel wells. Some use the cone style but i don't see how pulling hot air from the engine bay helps as much. But it looks better.

Then comes a trifecta tune. You have to decide if you're going to use E85 or premium gas. The E85 may be too much for the fuel system since E85 needs much more fuel in the chamber to work effectively. The higher pressure of the tune takes the fuel system to the limit. I have seen a number of people with codes using E85 and tune. But that was before the E85 specific tune. You have to worry about warranty as well. If the dealer finds out and you blow your motor the repair comes out of your pocket. I have yet to hear of any warranty issues though.

Also like a GN, you have to let the air out faster. You'll want do a muffler delete and ZZP downpipe package. The car isn't loud at all without mufflers. Just like the GN, the turbo muffles the sound. Your turbo can use a larger exhaust as well. A GS has 3" but I believe the turbo has a smaller diameter.

With the above goodies you should go faster than a stock GS! You'll think you stuck a new engine in the car.

Bad News Racing seems to have all the goodies.

Hope that helps

I would expect you to pick up 30-40 hp just with the tune. Don't forget the boost gauge and an Aero force gauge is nice for monitoring , you do need these if your going to mod.

My 08 Sky Redline 2.0 Turbo LNF went from 16lbs of boost stock to 25lbs with just a tune.

I would expect you to pick up 30-40 hp just with the tune. Don't forget the boost gauge and an Aero force gauge is nice for monitoring , you do need these if your going to mod.

My 08 Sky Redline 2.0 Turbo LNF went from 16lbs of boost stock to 25lbs with just a tune.
Yes, the tune does the most on a none GS. The only difference in engine performance between the GS and Turbo is the factory tune. I understand you go from about 220 to about 290 horse. Just make sure you don't use flex fuel and use premium gas.