You can type here any text you want

Goin road racing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nate_birner

Anyone out there succesfully running their cars at open track days or HPDEs? I know a Regal isnt the best option for corner carving, but love the style...

Ive found some threads talking about different kinds of bracing that get me kinda excited thinking maybe this car has potential after all. What kind of suspension setups are you using?

Any affordable and effective brake solutions?

Don't have a lot of money for the car initially (college student) and found a great deal on a 84 na regal with a 350/350 transplant. Would I better off finding a v6 and eventually going turbo? Ive found some rough GNs in my price range, but this is going to be my daily driver so needs to be somewhat reliable. (a lot to ask I know)

Let me know what you more experienced guys think.

Front frame braces, rear seat braces, some poly bushings, tubular upper and lower control arms, swaybar, and if you want good brakes get them from a B-Body. The most effective upgrade is tires (its the only thing that touches the road ;))

Some wider rubber is definately on my to do list. Ive read about stuffing 305's and wider under the rears after notching the frame, but Im planning on doing some hard cornering and the car will be lower than stock. How wide can you go without worrying about rubbing issues? I was thinking maybe 255/40/17 front 275/40/17 rear?

B-Body rear discs are a bolt in affair as well?

Back