Going Thru With TurboBuick into Notch-Please read

AKain

I've scrounged the both of the big buick forums looking for information on doing the LC2 engine swap into an 87-93 notchback fox-body mustang.
I found a 1992 Mustang LX sedan roller (was a 2.3/auto car, still has power locks and windows), that I'm buying at the end of May for $400. The car has a
full interior, and all glass is good. The doors are ok, some rocker panel rust. Front fenders have rust, quarters look ok. The seller is throwing in a stock drum brake 8.8 rear. (window was down when battery was disconnected, explaining bag over window on pictures)
-Pictures below-

I've found an '87 engine and trans for the swap. I'll be buying the motor/trans/and all the wiring for around $2500. The only thing wrong with the motor is the cam has gone flat. I'd like to put in a roller cam setup w/everything before the motor goes in, just to make it easier. I realize I'll need some fabrication done, and luckily I am at a fab shop 4 days a week, so I'll be able to get a 3.5" DP assembly made for free or cheap. The bigger issues I'll be having will be: wiring, driveshaft, and crossmember. These are the things I'll need some advice on, as I am not an electrician of ANY variety.

I'll be VERY happy if I can get the cam in the motor, motor in the car and have the car running by the end of the year. This won't be a miracle exactly, but it's a pace thats managable for a 17 year old about to graduate
(25 days ).

Next year, I'll be tuning quite a bit and doing some modding. I don't know a terrible lot about the LC2 motor and what it's capable of, but I figured I'd jot down a list of things I've been looking at, and then you could tell me what you think:

-roller valvetrain
-convertor (whats a good stall?)
-pistons (I'm thinking TRW, but will I have to have any machine work done?)
-drag shocks/springs?/subframe connectors
-tuning system of some sort
-bigger turbo and injectors
-alky injection (I have to be able to run pump gas)
-prostars wrapped in DR's

I figured that setup would be able to get me VERY deep into the 10's, and possibly single digits with good tuning and driving. The car has to be able to leave HARD on the street.

Is there anything I've left out? Anything that's unecessary? Any advice on ANYTHING would be awesome, as I'm going to need some help from the hardcore Buick guys.

Thanks a lot,

Adam

btw-i posted this same thread on two forums to try and get as much info as possible.

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

don't know why pics dont work...

PROTSRACE has a stage motor in an 88GT. He is down here by Joliet. He may be able to give you some pointers on the Mustang specific stuff to steer you in the right direction.