AFPR
homemade cold air,
26x11.50-15 MT street ETs
power plate
Ported upper JJ
3" THDP with dump,
3" dual flowmasters

Why a TA instead of a TE?
3600 stall is overkill for the TA-60. You would make out better with a 3k stall.
A cam and heads would compliment your parts very well.
009's are safe to 11.5's. How fast do you want to go?
26" tall tires are ok to low 12's but when in the 11's 28's are better.
I have dual 3" Flowmasters and they present a lot of backpressure for street driving but sound cool:D

Put some full slicks on it, make a few changes and you should be able to get low 11's in the 119 MPH range easily enough but I am no pro or expert.

Originally posted by Intercooler
Just my spin on it:
TA-60
ESP FM
Smc Alky
9x11 stall at 3600? I think, Not in yet,
stock block, cam heads etc,
stock rear posi
SSM lowers
009's with testa chip,
340 hot wired,
AFPR
homemade cold air,
power plate
Ported upper JJ
3" THDP with dump,
3" dual flowmasters

Why a TA instead of a TE?
3600 stall is overkill for the TA-60. You would make out better with a 3k stall.
A cam and heads would compliment your parts very well.
009's are safe to 11.5's. How fast do you want to go?
26" tall tires are ok to low 12's but when in the 11's 28's are better.
I have dual 3" Flowmasters and they present a lot of backpressure for street driving but sound cool:D

Put some full slicks on it, make a few changes and you should be able to get low 11's in the 119 MPH range easily enough but I am no pro or expert.

Well I got a good deal on the TA-60, ESP FM, And the convertor thats why on that, The stall is new but I got in all from one guy,
and I will soon go with a cam & heads soon but all the stuff I read on here says dont mess with your stock cam untill you have to then upgrade, And I was thinking low 12 high 11 not sure, My buddy says mid to low 11's, I'm relly not sure how fast I want to go yet, I'll be happy with a mid to high 11 for this year, And then do heads cam and injectors turbo??
Thanks For the info I like that time, Sweet
Seneca Lafler,

As intercooler said, not enough tire height. You have a setup to run 11.20's@120 with race gas/chip @ 24-26 psi, but the 26" tires won't let you get much past 114 with stock heads and cam.

Originally posted by UNGN
As intercooler said, not enough tire height. You have a setup to run 11.20's@120 with race gas/chip @ 24-26 psi, but the 26" tires won't let you get much past 114 with stock heads and cam.

So you guys say that I might run low 11's with a taller tire?? With that combo?
Thanks Again Guys That why I'm asking the pros;)

Originally posted by JUSTAV6

So you guys say that I might run low 11's with a taller tire?? With that combo?
Thanks Again Guys That why I'm asking the pros;)

With... Race Gas, a Race Chip and 24-26 psi of boost AND a taller tire, sure.

Originally posted by UNGN

With... Race Gas, a Race Chip and 24-26 psi of boost AND a taller tire, sure.

Cool, My buddy has a set of new 28x9-15 MT slicks that I'll have to con him out of, Will that work?? And what if I try alky with a race chip as long as the knock is Ok??
Man you guy RULE This is going to be fun this year,,:eek:

off subject..

Justa you should think of coming down to the Oceola track in Indiana. Its not that far for you. If you dont already have one you can use my laptop and Direct scan to get your car tuned in.

Just a thought;)

Re: off subject..

Originally posted by Quickturbosix
Justa you should think of coming down to the Oceola track in Indiana. Its not that far for you. If you dont already have one you can use my laptop and Direct scan to get your car tuned in.

Just a thought;)

Thats were I was going as soon as thy open, Do ya know wene they open, I got a scanmaster so That sould work for me I hope,
I will be ther, Martin dont open till like july sometime,
Are you takeing your car? maybe we will have be meet up, Ive kinda met ULUZTA6 I think thats how he has it,
Let me know,
Later,

Alky and RACE chip, wouldn't recommend going for boost above 18~19 lbs. Since alky is about like running 100 octane gasoline, with a moderately timed chip (heh street/strip aka 100 octane) you should be able to run ~24 lbs of boost no problem.

My car is pretty similar to your's (built shortblock, 9:1 compression, 206/206 cam, te-61 turbo, 3200 rpm top-hat converter & 28x10.5" slicks) and I've run a string of 11.7's @ 115.5 mph in safe mode which for me= low timing street chip, the slicks, 100 octane homebrew & 19 lbs of boost with mid 1.6 sixty foot times off of ~10lbs of boost footbrake launches.

That converter should work just fine with your combo & will give ya room to upgrade that ta-60 later on without having to worry about a re-stall. Also, those 009's should flow plenty of fuel to keep ya safe to around 11.4~11.2 @ 120 or so

Doug C.

Originally posted by JUSTAV6
Can anyone give me some times they think my T will run heres my combo
TA-60
ESP FM
Smc Alky
pts xtreme stall at 3600? I think, Not in yet,
stock block, cam heads etc,
stock rear posi
SSM lowers
009's with testa chip,
340 hot wired,
AFPR
homemade cold air,
power plate
Ported upper JJ
3" THDP with dump,
3" dual flowmasters for now,
Please tell me what ya think, I hope the track will open soon
Thanks For The INPUT everyone,
Seneca Lafler,

Sorry, but stock heads/cam, I say 11.8 tops at earthly boost levels. ( 25 tops) If you wanna push it to 30psi, maybe 11.5.

This is of course assuming you dont have one of those "fast as hell for some reason" cars.

Be careful, I didnt fuel that chip for 25psi, it was a street chip. Its fueled for 20 or so. Be careful!

Ya know Jim, that is a good way of describing my Ltd.. I don't really know why it runs so well with so few mods? The combo has to be *perfect*.

Regarding the ? at hand. I went to the Hoosier QTP 27" tire last year. Picked up my MPH on both cars and worked really nice with the D5 and Precision converters. The GN will sixty in the low 1.5s and the Ltd. is usually around 1.60 - 1.63.

Was that the answer for the qestion? I forgot!

Re: Re: Going to the pros on the Turbobuick.com

Originally posted by TurboJim

Sorry, but stock heads/cam, I say 11.8 tops at earthly boost levels. ( 25 tops) If you wanna push it to 30psi, maybe 11.5.

This is of course assuming you dont have one of those "fast as hell for some reason" cars.

Be careful, I didnt fuel that chip for 25psi, it was a street chip. Its fueled for 20 or so. Be careful!

Well I will be haveing ya do a race chip for me soon,
:D
Thanks,