You can type here any text you want

going to track and need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
alright well i am going to the drag strip this saturday
i currently have the 009s and a chip to match... it is for 93 octane and i dont know the timing

i hear that race gas REALLY helps but will i need a RACE chip to get most of the gains?

i know bumping the timing will help but i really dont have too much money to spend right now...

so i am asking... with my chip should i just run some 93 octane or go with some 100+ and just bump up my boost myself?

yeah i am in need of a new chip i jsut dont have the time

what is the difference between a street chip and a "race chip"

is it just the octane it is set at therefor it advances the timing or does it advance fuel delivery and somewhat trick the computer to optimal performacne using computer signals?

Usually its just timing, its about 24+ degrees instead of the normal 18-20 degrees for street chips. Fuel is sometimes changed, depends on who makes it. However, its up to you to bring the boost up to a decent level. Make sure your scantool is functional and do some testing before you hit the track to be sure all is well.

Bob

alright thanks

i have heard the use of XYLENE?? helps prevent knock

where can i pick some of this up and how much would i put into a full tank of gas?

Most tracks sell Sunoco GT 100 unleaded.

Worth purchasing 5 gallons for insurance your first time racing.

No downsides to using it such as slow spoolup or anything.

Easier to use than xylene too.

Get the tank as empty as you can on the drive there and then put the 100 in.

Work the boost up slowly with NO KR.

alright thanks
ill give it all a try and let you know how everything went!

Back