Going to track for first time

DailyMint84

Hey im looking to go to my local dragstrip sometime soon. I was just wondering, when you go there how much gas do u bring with 93 octane? 1/4 tank or less? And how much race gas do you put in your GN before hitting the track? Is there any ratio I have to be aware of or can I just dump some race gas in with my 93octane? Also, when launching what is a good RPM to launch at? I have a t-60, built tranny, all suspension work, MSD 50's, poston headers, stock IC dutt neck, MAF trans...

-Thanks

Hey im looking to go to my local dragstrip sometime soon. I was just wondering, when you go there how much gas do u bring with 93 octane? 1/4 tank or less? And how much race gas do you put in your GN before hitting the track? Is there any ratio I have to be aware of or can I just dump some race gas in with my 93octane? Also, when launching what is a good RPM to launch at? I have a t-60, built tranny, all suspension work, MSD 50's, poston headers, stock IC dutt neck, MAF trans...

-Thanks

Assuming 84 hotair? Tires?

With stickies... you need to heat them up with a burnout AFTER you pull out of the waterbox...then prestage.... pull up about 0 on the boost gauge... and then ease into the stage beams... then hold the brakes until your face turns :mad: and pull up to about 5 psi boost.... if it sticks and goes.... try 7-8 lbs.... working up and try and get as much as the tires will stand.
Let us know the results.... particularly the 60' time...

What boost are you going to try for? Have you ever run that much boost with the current setup? Do you have a scantool or a wideband that you can datalog?

You need to update your signature to show all the mods for your combo.... others won't have to ask such basic questions.....

We all are all here to help one another make the most of what we have.... just need all the info to make an accurate recommendation.

Hey,

If you wanna go, let me know... could go together.

I run normally 100 octane av gas and run 25 lbs of boost... i leave off the footbrake with a 3400 stall at 2# of boost and still cut a 1.52 60'