You can type here any text you want

good cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
I know there has been several threads about this.Figure i start clean here, what would be a good cam for my 83 carbed turbo with electronic quadrajet and computer controlled.I dont want to go to far and then the computer cannot compensate.I have a stock cam in there now.

Check with LilSpann Jim. The one I found for his is just a little over stock. Aj has the number as well. I think Aj said you could get it from PAW fairly cheap and it worked for him. I'm going to use the Edelbrock cam and I don't think it will cause a problem. I used a simular one in an 84 Camaro with ccc and it was like night and day so I don't think I'll have a problem.

Check with LilSpann Jim. The one I found for his is just a little over stock. Aj has the number as well. I think Aj said you could get it from PAW fairly cheap and it worked for him. I'm going to use the Edelbrock cam and I don't think it will cause a problem. I used a simular one in an 84 Camaro with ccc and it was like night and day so I don't think I'll have a problem.

the one i got from PAW had a orange sticker on it that said do not use with computer controlled vehicles

There is nothing for computer controlled:frown: any other suggestions.What are the numbers on a stock cam,i may be able to try and figure something out with the numbers.

As far as working with the computer control,

any cam that is within 111 to 114 LSA should be fine. just need a decent vacum signal.

I dont remember your exact specs, so I cant really make a suggestion on duration or etc, fill me in on your combo.

A.j.

I think Jerryl posted them a while ago. Max lift is like .408 and max durration is 194 degrees. It's really tiny. Go to Summit or Jegs and see what they have for an 82-86 Camaro LG4. Look at the specs and if you are interested I have a good custom grinder that will make you one for about $100 with shipping. Gotten several from them and not a bad grinder.

any cam that is within 111 to 114 LSA should be fine. just need a decent vacum signal.

I dont remember your exact specs, so I cant really make a suggestion on duration or etc, fill me in on your combo.

A.j.

I have a 1983 buick 231 with the carbed turbo set up all complete In a 1984 oldsmobile cutlass supreme brougham.All computer controlled,even the quadrajet.Dual 87 gran national exhaust peg leg rear which im going to cnvert to 342 soon.1984 2004r bq trans with transgo shift kit all rebuilt.U know what i have.

A.j.

Like I said earlier, The one I found for lilspann should work fine. This is from summit and has almost the same specs and it's made to be comp copatible.

Camshaft, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 252/260, Lift .425/.440, Chevy, Small Block
Computer-Controlled Compatible - Yes
Lobe Separation (degrees): - 112
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: - 0.425 int./0.440 exh. lift
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: - 0.440 in.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: - 0.425 in.
Advertised Duration: - 252 int./260 exh.
Duration at 050 inch Lift: - 206 int./212 exh.
Basic Operating RPM Range: - 1,000-5,000

Did a cut and paste off Summit after finding the cam.

Like I said earlier, The one I found for lilspann should work fine. This is from summit and has almost the same specs and it's made to be comp copatible.

Camshaft, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 252/260, Lift .425/.440, Chevy, Small Block

perfect.

A.j.

What is the part number so i can go over there and get this.Im getting a radiator for my chevy that has been backordered so i will tell them to send the cam also in one shot

Jim, that one's for a chevy. It's stated in the specs. Get Aj or LilSpann to give you the # for PAW and the cam # so you can order it

Back