Good head work in WA?

Who does good head work in WA? No, not a truck stop quicky, I need a pair of stock 8445 heads re-done!! I was regasketing and freshening up my motor, installing Comp 980's and valve stem seals on the car, until discovering the previous owner had used head gasket in a can... now I'm pulling the motor and detailing/painting everything underhood. My eventual goals are to have a nice street driven GN that cracks into the high 10's.

I was going to drop the 8445's off at Gosney NAPA Machine in Auburn and have a valve job, mild bowl work and portwork done, but wanted to ask the locals if there were any better options?

Turbo Thunder is now on the possible chopping block for my car and me! I'll know tomorrow how my lower end looks, I'm still being optimistic!

You might try contacting these guys & see who they recommend: http://www.gnnorthwest.com

BRITCO in Centralia, Wa. has a good reputation for a small town performance engine building machine shop.

I did call Dan @ GN Northwest, but I hate to waste his time on the phone if he isn't making money off his time. He recommended C and D Machine in Kirkland. I gave them a call, 2 week turnaround not the end of the world, but finding time soon to get up to Kirkland M-F (I live @ Enumclaw) might stall me out... Not trying to get exotic, basic work and good results. C&D might just be the hot ticket. I'm going to give it some thought for a day or two and see if there is anything closer to me, then dive in head first.

GN NORTHWEST advice is Golden! If you wish, PM me your phone # for "Local Perspective" to help avoid a Buick Black Hole Yard Art outcome. [ Auburn resident/ 2 GN,s/ 25 years.] Basic work does Not = Professional Buick Blueprint / good results, as outlined numerous times by so many on this forum. Best Wishes.

PM sent! I definitely trust Northwest GN advice the issue is more of distance and being able to get the heads to that shop after work. He is not open on the weekend and I am 50 miles away through very heavy traffic trying to race out there is physically impossible! If push comes to shove I will take an afternoon off work and get up there to drop them off and take another afternoon off work to pick them up.

C&d did my engine work about 10 years age. He does good work. Very knowable and has some of the best machines. He knows the difference between this engines and all other engines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk