You can type here any text you want

Good internal mods for N/A V6s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buick Runner

I was wondering if anybody knows of good internal mods for N/A V6s? I was thinking some good mods would be gapless rings, floating piston pins, bronze valve guides, etc.

I used a kenne bell cam 204/204 with their hi-rev lifters and #1 manifold-ran nice. i have a headman set of headers with a true dual cat exhaust system if interested.for the na v6.

Same as for a turbo engine. Make sure you have good oil flow/pressure, then pick a cam and heads to match the rpm you want. Cam, compression, carburetion, cubic inches- when there is no boost to play with, those are the variables. Do you want more compression? Might need alky, but with a bigger cam and more rpm, maybe not. The crank/rods will be Ok to 6,000, and even to 6500 or 7000 if you polish them. Bigger valves? Just decide what you want to live with, and go for it!

I have a very low mileage (less than 3000 mile) rebuilt 85 gn block-20 bolt oil n for sale-$1300. plus shipping-i think next week im gonna raise it to $1800. cause its probably worth atleast $2300. just trying to pass on a good deal but no one seems to want to take advantage of it.

unboostedV6 said:
How fast do you want to go, and how much money do you want to spend ?
GB

Hey GB The Unboosted,

Welcome back! I though you went off and started racing Chevys, Fords or maybe even Japanese... :biggrin:

Freddie's Buick said:
Hey GB The Unboosted,

Welcome back! I though you went off and started racing Chevys, Fords or maybe even Japanese... :biggrin:
OMFG!!! You're kidding, right, Freddy?! Seriously, I've been extremely busy...just dropped the new all aluminum, alky carbed, dry sumped,272in. Stage2 in the car this week...lots of plumbing left to do!

Back