You can type here any text you want

Good Suspension Mods For Track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marred4life

Banned
im starting to get into the suspension of my bone stock 86 gn and dont know where to start, im mainly running the car at the strip but am using as a daily driver, so far ive bought some tubular upper control arms, so whats next :confused:

marred4life said:
im starting to get into the suspension of my bone stock 86 gn and dont know where to start, im mainly running the car at the strip but am using as a daily driver, so far ive bought some tubular upper control arms, so whats next :confused:
----------------------------
So your preference is handling for street & strip over canyon & freeway ramp?
How many miles on chassis? & How many miles on bushings?
Who's manufacture of tubular control arms did you get? Front or rear?

chassie has 166k, front upper control arm, not sure of the brand something west, original bushings, i know i should go with polyurathane bushings, also have core support braces to chassie and under hood brace arms, ill be getting the rear seat braces also, would boxing my rear arms help out?

marred4life said:
chassie has 166k, front upper control arm, not sure of the brand something west, original bushings, i know i should go with polyurathane bushings, also have core support braces to chassie and under hood brace arms, ill be getting the rear seat braces also, would boxing my rear arms help out?
----------------------------------------
That would probably be Global West located in San Bernadino. Rear seat braces are a must, whether you make a set or buy a set. I think that Kirban has them for about $75 or so. They will help keep the roof area from cracking right up in the corner of the side windows, where it has already probably started with that many miles on it and no rear seat braces. As a minimum, boxing the rears are a minimum upgrade unless you want to buy aftermarket replacements, and they can get pricey.

ill be getting some aftermarket rear arm tomorrow from ssm, i was also looking into buying a ATR rear sway bar.

marred4life said:
ill be getting some aftermarket rear arm tomorrow from ssm, i was also looking into buying a ATR rear sway bar.
-----------------------------------------
imho, the ATR 1 3/8" rear sway is pretty much a spirited street strip drag bar and I would query the board as to whether anybody is running the ATR rear bar with only aftermarket uppers or with only aftermarket lowers, or are they both required. Doing a search on both this board and the other one, TBS.com might bring some good info. I did not know that SSM was still in biz? HTH.

Back