You can type here any text you want

GOOD window tint shop?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Any recommendations on where to get it done? There's a stereo/tint shop every two blocks in Chicago but I'm not interested in some rat-hole where half of their inventory is stolen stereos. :rolleyes:

I tinted both rear quarter glass windows by myself but couldn't do a good job of the big rear window, ended up getting wrinkles at the bottom. Thought the window would be flat enough to do with one piece of film but looks like I'd have to do the trick where you use multiple pieces and cut them along the defroster grid lines to hide the seams. I'm not interested in doing that myself, not a patient person.

Anyways, looking for a respectable shop who can do a good job. Money is not an issue, I'll pay more if it means it's not some 17 year old drop-out doing my tints.

Appreciate any leads...

MIDWEST WINDOW TINT. Do not know number. They are in melrose park. corner of 25th and lake street. They did my car back in the day and they did an awesome job

Thanks I'll check them out, not too far from my house.

Other suggestions still welcome.

Mid America Glass Tinters in Schaumburg
Umbra in Arlington Heights

Both great shops and very reasonable & professional.

A buddies dad off of broadway and I80 in Indiana does it... a little drive, but cheap and lifetime warrantied... does a great job.

Did my buddies car for like $100 all away around.

If you are interested, I can find out the name of the shop and the address for you... Just PM me or something.

Back