You can type here any text you want

Goodyear Eagle VR50

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryanv

86 regal t-type
I have a pair of Goodyear Eagle VR50 tires (p245/50VR16), I have heard these are the tires used on the GNX? Is any of this true? They are in great condition, hardly used and I was thinking of selling them, no need to burn off rare tires if that is true.

hello: I don't know if those tires came stock on a GNX but age is a factor with tires as you probably know. They loose alot especially if there a softer compound. So if I was you and they fit your car I'd run em.
IBBY

I just did some research and they are the specific tires used on GNX's which they don't make anymore. I'll just post a for sale link and see if anyone is interested, otherwise I agree, they will be no good in a few years anyway.....

hello; Someone might buy them if they have a GNX and want to keep everything as it was sort of state. Tires are something I would question. I had Dunlop D40-M2 in the same size and there gone. Not to be made again. 16" tires on a whole are not in great variety any more
good luck
IBBYl

That's my thought, if you want a 100% matching gnx, they don't make them anymore.....

I guess I better double check again, do you know what site I should be getting my information? Thanks

from BuickGNX.com for Information on the 1987 Buick GNX : The steel 15"x7" Grand National wheels are replaced with lighter 16 inch black "honeycomb" alloys (2-piece welded) and wear Good Year VR50 245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in back. Tires are readily available from a variety of manufacturers because they are the same size as the Corvette. The center cap is modified from the Trans Am GTA and the lug nuts use a screw-on plastic cap so they appear black.

Back