You can type here any text you want

Goofed up and bought wrong size front tires ,I need some help here.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn231

Money pit
I had 235-60 15 on the front and wanted to go to a 70 size tire so thought 235-70 were smaller but they were to tall so tried 225-70 15 and when I put the rims back on my car they rubbed when turning did not even get out of my drive way so now I am not sure what size ,I should have gotten? Would 225-60 15 work was wanting a skinner tire up front am running BF T/A radials can any one help me with this? Am hoping the guy will take these back he said he had to think about it. Have 275-60 15 on the rear.:confused:

The 225-60 15 would be about 1/2" shorter than the 235-60 15
215-65 15 whould be a closer match to tire height

215/65 is the stock size, 26" tall.

For future reference the 215 is the width, and the 65 is the height but it's a ratio based on the width...So a 205/70 like Red Regal suggested is narrower than stock and close to the same height.

Your old tires were close to stock height and wider.

So now it's all about what you want as far as looks, I don't know what wheels you have, but I prefer the stock size on the front with stock wheels or any other 7" wheel.

235/60 (26" tall) is a good visual match with the 275/60 (28" tall) you've got on the back.

Looked at 205-70

They don't have it in a T/A radail ties ,I am running with white letters out but they do have 215/70 and still the 235/60 so will have to see what Tire Kingdom says ,I guess but thanks to every one for the help. i am still stuck on the old tires ,I guess like the skinner tires in the front old school way so just need to look for some thing at or close to 26 inchs high.

They don't have it in a T/A radail ties ,I am running with white letters out but they do have 215/70 and still the 235/60 so will have to see what Tire Kingdom says ,I guess but thanks to every one for the help. i am still stuck on the old tires ,I guess like the skinner tires in the front old school way so just need to look for some thing at or close to 26 inchs high.

215/70 is 27" tall.

1" = 25.4mm

225-70-15 is broken down like this

225 / 25.4 = 8.85 (section width)
8.85 x .7 (tire aspect ratio) = 6.20
6.20 x 2 = 12.4
12.4 + 15 (rim sizing) = 27.4" (height of tire with rim)

You can use the above to see what sizes will work for what you need. :wink:

Well guess I am screwed

I talked to the guy today and he said he cannot take the tires back that he can not sell them as new tires again, so the other tires are 245 and I would have to give he my 2 new ones and 122 for the other new ones this really sucks my wife said I should just stop the card payment.

my wife said I should just stop the card payment.

Is it really his fault they aren't right, though? It sounds like you asked for a size and he sold them to you. Granted, if he is in the business of selling tires he should know enough to inform you that your tire size selection was incorrect.

Back