Gorgeous Truck for sale....look inside!

dhauser

The end is fear
Truck is still for sale.....smoooooth operator....

Back at it again. Guys, this truck is ready to roll and needs nothing. If you're in the market for a new truck, you might want to consider something like this instead. Very easy to work on, zero rust, gorgeous black paint to match that buzzin' half-duzzin' in your driveway. Will sell outside of auction if deal is struck. As always, all questions answered, all fears allayed.

Oh, and $100 cashola to anyone who refers me a buyer who meets the reserve and completes the deal! Thanks!

Doug

Well I was thinking about bidding on it until I seen the defect on the fender (you...:eek: ) and also I see there is way to much lint on the seats...:D

Good luck with your auction Doug

Jesse :cool:

Originally posted by Jesse
Well I was thinking about bidding on it until I seen the defect on the fender (you...:eek: ) and also I see there is way to much lint on the seats...:D

Jesse, you are not much of a "real" car guy are you? That is factory OEM lint that I custom installed to enhance that "original" look. Sheez. :D You can't believe how expensive that stuff costs. It's like $45 per lint ball via SMS Auto Fabrics. :eek:

Thats a beauty truck you got there! I remember the good ol days when we used to have a 79' Big 10 with that standard blue colour. Great truck, engine looks great, wish I had cash...:D

Hey Doug,

Forget the truck, I WANT TO SEE THAT ROAD RUNNER!!

I hope this isn't the start of another KC trip:rolleyes: LOL

Heh heh heh. Hey Vic! You would LOVE this Road Runner. Wait until the pics go up. It's as lime as lime gets!

As for the truck, I can't believe I still own this thing. I dunno, maybe these are TWO dozen for a dime where everyone else lives, but they aren't around her--at least nice ones.

Anyway, I'll tell youz guyz the reserve is $8500. Couldn't touch that price to build it.

Need your input.....

Ok, so what is so unappealing about this truck that the top bid is only $2,600 as of this writing?

Input is appreciated. I cannot figure this one out. Are these trucks just worthless Pieces of dung to the general public? I know they made a lot of them, but you don't see a lot of nice shortbeds running around everyday anymore. ???????????

Hey Doug, not sure if it is my browser but the pictures have the death x .

Good luck

Really? They are coming up fine for me. I checked it from my home PC this morning. Has anyone else gotten the "death X's" on my ebay auction???

No Red X's for me when I look at it on eBay.

Doug, I'll have to admit I've studied those pictures each time you've posted that truck for sale. It is a VERY nice truck, and I'd be all over it except I really need something with an extended cab. Three kids kinda changes the priorities.

Right after Christmas is a hard time since most people are still broke. A good time is right after tax season when everyone gets their refund checks.

Good Luck and Hang in there,
John

Doug, I agree that it's a bad time of year to be selling a vehicle. Especially for us guys up north. All I can think of is how bad I need 4wd with the snow we've been getting. I'll be looking for a truck in the spring. If that one is still around, I'll certainly consider it.

Jacob

Looks like you are in the right price range (if anything, a bit low)... from Kelly Blue Book Classic web page:

1979 Chevrolet C10 PICKUP 1/2 Ton Shortbed

MSRP

Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price when new

$5,091_
Low Retail $2,550
Average Retail $5,600
High Retail $12,700

Options and Equipment
Factory Air Conditioning
add: 5%

That said, I think the demand is for the 60s pickups ... the 70s aren't very popular. I have a real affection for the older Pickups (my first car was a 1968 C10 with a three speed on the tree and I've owned several since, including a '68 GMC and a '79 Silverado Heavy Half)

The '79 was horribly underpowered and sucked gas like no tomorrow! :) Of course, it was geared like a tractor...

tick tock tick tock.....time is running out....throwing in a car cover and brand new starter in the box (doesn't need one, just have an extra one laying around).

Plus, if you're the winning bidder, I will play like a big dealership and throw in a FREE TRIP to CANCUN!**

**trip does not include airfare, rental car, hotel, food, misc expenses, souviniers, taxes, title, registration, bail, or bribes. Other restrictions apply. Check with your local dealer, for additional details. Actual prize may be worthless. Not responsible for your inability to read teensy weensy fine print or fast-talking announcers.

Still for sale. Unfortunately, the free trip is no longer available. :D

1980 Turbo TA with 9700 original miles is next. If anyone wants a jump on this car, let me know. Absolutely cherry.

Doug,

I would like to see some photos of that Road Runner... I inherited my dead uncles 70 Road Runner Hemi Orange 440 4 speed car that is all original to include the go wing. Needs to be restored but it is all there...I even have the toy road runner that came with these cars....