You can type here any text you want

Got another Carrera S

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I did a little work on the GN these last 2 days and needed to go check the tune out.
Lou helped me with an electrical issue yesterday, and today I fixed the cracked header, put the test pipe in, and changed the oil and filter to get it ready for the races next Saturday.
Went out on a back street and did a few runs to make sure the tune was safe...it is..I got some room too.

Then I went out cruising to see if I could find anyone to play with.

After knocking off a kid in a V6 stang who wanted to try his luck (it was over before he could say "What the....?"), I noticed a Carrera coming up on me hot.
Apparently I caught his attention when I spanked the horsey car....:D

There was a lot of room ahead on this big ol' 3 laner road called Antonio, so I slowed down a bit, but only got down to 40 before he came along side.
He rapped his throttle once and then punched it.
I aint one to say no...donchya know:p...so I went WOT as fast as I could.
He was up on me by a length...just enough for me to see "Carerra S" on his tail end...then I passed him and then walked him until I saw him start to show in the rear view, then let off.
I didn't want to let it get into his top end territory....which wasn't far away cuz we were definitely going over 100....

He came alongside again and was looking over at me as I smiled:biggrin:
He seemed a bit surprised at what had just happened to him.
I sure wasn't....:biggrin:

He then fell back a little as we came into traffic and we had to behave again.

It would have been good to get him from a red light, but the lights and traffic weren't cooperating so after a few miles of him tailing me apparently hoping for a rematch, he gave up and went another direction.

Guess he needed to go change his fancyboy lambskin gloves....:tongue:

Alas if only ye had an electric dump...oh what fun they be, to hooketh thy toggle up at ye fingertip in order to scareth thy living crapeth out of ye mere mortals.

Oh what fun they be

Good kill.

Lots of those Porsche things around here in Hospital/University City (gainesville, fl). None of them race though, they just cruise.

Once/twice a year the local porsche club goes to the track and play on the road course and then come over to the dragstrip part to make a few passes.

None run faster than low 13's, most just ooze out of the hole a few seconds after it goes green like on the street and ease down the track to mostly 15-16 second times.

What a waste of fuel.

The Beemer kids will try the T but not the "porch" owners. There is even a 355 Ferrari in town but he just tools around too, never heard him take it over 3k rpm.

The GT 40 Ford now was gassing on it (that car goes) but I had my 3/4 ton work van and not the T.

Mikey

Back