Got my BB CPT-65 in and........

disco stu

IT ROCKS! It pulls like crazy at the same boost I ran with my 52. The 52 would come on strong and peter out about halfway through a gear. I never really thought it did, but compared to the 65 it did. The faster I go the more it pulls. Weird, my car has some topend now. :eek: Such a difference from previous.

It is in an .82 A/R housing. Made the exhaust more rumbly at idle and more raspy at WOT.

The 52 spooled instantaneously with my combo. Do anything but touch the pedal lightly and it would build to 5# and keep going if you let it. With the 65 I have to be more intentional, but I'm starting to get used to it. It's like traction control in comparison. Once it gets to 10# it slams the needle to 21# and whooo.

A great thing is that my horrible half throttle compressor surge is GONE. The car is smooth everywhere.

And I can run 2 more pounds without KR in 3rd.

The whisle is more subtle and is like a gentle whir at cruising. Get it spinning and it sounds wonderful. A part I love about these cars. Way better than blower whine. And when you let off it sounds awesome.

The more I drive with this thing the more I like it. A pretty bitchin street turbo. I haven't gotten new times yet, as the track was rained out this weekend. I'll post some ASAP.
If you read this Jack, THANKS!

I think I got a little discount for waiting for a few months and getting the wrong turbo. When he first quoted me he said "bout $1600" I was leary at first as I was thinking "about nothing, HOW MUCH?" but after all I've heard about people touting his name and how he is looked upon in this community, I took that as "no more than". HELLA pricy, but you can't say cheap and BB in the same sentence. BUT it was a hell of a discount for the wait I guess, stuff happens and I saw no need to get crappy about it as it would not have helped. But all worth it for the improvements made to the car. Drives better AND hauls better. Can't front on that. First dealings with Jack and despite the wait a good experience and a helpful guy.

hey two lane,

get in touch with travis(njturbo).he's been trying to get a hold of you.i think he has something for you

;) :D

nick,

Originally posted by turbotwister
hey two lane,

get in touch with travis(njturbo).he's been trying to get a hold of you.i think he has somthing for you

;) :D

nick,

I second that:rolleyes: :eek:

I'm looking at buying a used cpt-65. What injectors are you running with it? What converter?

That .82 exhaust housing would be the reason for not having instantanious spool anymore, and going up 4 or 5 mm on the compressor. I'd bet it would spool like the 51 if you had a .63 AR housing on it. Just think how much more air you are moving and didn't have to restall your convertor.:D

You bet GNSCOTT. I think it would be too quick with the .63. And about flowing more air, it moves out like it NEVER has, at the same boost, and more efficiently I'm sure because I can run a couple more pounds now.

1of1035, I am running 50#ers right now. I am going to see how far I can go with them for now. But I know I will have to go bigger.

Let you know what happens at the track next weekend.

disco stu

Glad to hear you like the turbo, I've got a non-BB 65. Post some times when you get em':)

-John

Sorry guys, I have been really busy. I am moving to Austin, and have been down there looking for a house and checking out my new work environment. I just got back. I ran the time in my sig fuel limited, and have since gone with Delphi 75#'s and ME-R (I love it.) When I went to lubbock to run, it rained. Well darn, I wanted some timeslips before I went to race in dalhart two days after. But I never made it because I killed my tranny racing a stout LS1 with the usual stuff, and a progressive 200 NX shot. He got a good 1.5 car jump on me on a 20 punch, but I jumped right back on top of him, and pulled another car on him. At least I still won. Now the car has no 3rd or OD, and had to rev to 3500 to shift into second to get home.:mad: Don't know what it will do once I get the ME nailed, but it has never ran this good, and it is still a pretty unrefined tune. But with the tranny and moving and all, I don't think I am going to get to play much more this year. I do have to get it running though, as this is my only transportation.

:(

Stu,

Thanks for reply, especially with all you've got going on right now.

Sounds like when you do have the time to get your combo dialed-in, you're going to be flying!!

(Don't be a stranger...keep dropping in to the board as you can.)

Thanks for the update! :)