Got the V2 on and it ran bad with a bypass hose

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
I told Jay that I didn't need the bypass tube that goes from the turbo outlet to the t/b. I wish I would have. I have to drive the car to a exhuast shop to put the finishing touches on the i/c piping. The car wouldn't run without some kind of bypass hose/pipe. So I bought some flexable exhuast hose and hooked it up. Took the car for a test drive and when it got into boost it started falling on its face. I could put the pedal to the wood and it was a dog. It won't build any boost at all and ran terriable. I unhooked my wategate rod and it runs fine. Just without any boost. I am hopeing that the flexable exhuast hose leaks terriably and is the root of the problem.
I guess I will find out Friday if that was it or not when the pipe get hookeed up properly.
Any thoughts?

Trevor-
Im sorry you are having problems. IMO it will take a couple of days to tune the products in. It will prolly be easier to have everything hooked up the way it is going to be and start to tune. When we built the first kit and put on the parts and fired the key we were not able to go straight to the track. It took us some time to dial it in. Again im sorry that you are having problems.
jay

Originally posted by turbowrenchhead
I told Jay that I didn't need the bypass tube that goes from the turbo outlet to the t/b. I wish I would have. I have to drive the car to a exhuast shop to put the finishing touches on the i/c piping. The car wouldn't run without some kind of bypass hose/pipe. So I bought some flexable exhuast hose and hooked it up. Took the car for a test drive and when it got into boost it started falling on its face. I could put the pedal to the wood and it was a dog. It won't build any boost at all and ran terriable. I unhooked my wategate rod and it runs fine. Just without any boost. I am hopeing that the flexable exhuast hose leaks terriably and is the root of the problem.
I guess I will find out Friday if that was it or not when the pipe get hookeed up properly.
Any thoughts?

Shoot me a e-mail if you need help I will be glad to help out if I can.

Dave