You can type here any text you want

Gotta be smarter than the theives....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
:cool: It may not be the best that can be built, however, I use an alarm that pages me & has a 1/4 mile range. Best Buy installs them for $400+. I mail ordered for about $150 & installed it myself.

If the alarm goes off, it'll reach me at the office or at home & I have 3 choices - 1. ignore it 2. use up a box of ammo 3. dial 911.

anyone using the brake pedal lock? its kinda looks like the club. it has a T for a base that goes against the floor board behind the gas/ brake pedals, then you pull it up tight against the brake pedal. if they get the car started, they cant put it in gear cause they cant depress the brake pedal. it has a specialy shaped key that i dont think can be duplicated, its flat with diffrent shaped and deep divits in it, kinda like moon craters. ive got one and just wondering if anyone else has used one/ had any luck with one. also my car has the steering coloum lock, alarm, fuel pump and electrical kill switches, club (kinda worried they will cut the wheels before they see andything else) and my 9mm s&w (its black and grey to match my interior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if thats not enough to stop the thieve, then i dont know what else to do, lo-jack maybe?

buickbert

Roger said:
:cool: It may not be the best that can be built, however, I use an alarm that pages me & has a 1/4 mile range. Best Buy installs them for $400+. I mail ordered for about $150 & installed it myself.

If the alarm goes off, it'll reach me at the office or at home & I have 3 choices - 1. ignore it 2. use up a box of ammo 3. dial 911.
I vote for ammo ammo ammo
concentrate on that front sight and pull the trigger baby :cool:

dragonational said:
Wow man thats not cool. Its good that you have a kill switch. i have a chip burnt so the car wont start unless you know how to start it.
my project honda crx has a combination of the "pass key" and a custom burned chip depending on what "passkey" is used (i have 4 programs)
no passkey= ecu has no power, no tach signal, and no fuel/timing/vtech maps and fuel cut
passkey 1= fullrace mode aggressive timing/fuel
passkey 2= Daily driver mode
passkey 3= valet/friends who wanna drive my car. very little timing, revs limited to 2650rpm, no vtec!
passkey 4= dud.. ecu has power, tach signal, but fuel/timing maps all cells blank.
all passkeys look the same attatched to the same key chain and key....

my buick plans are for a passkey as well but i havent decided exactly where and what will be cut..

My suggestion to prevent a break-in or getting a car stolen is to do as much as you can possible. Make it harder for the thief to steal or break in your vehicle.

A Club works excellent
The break pedal lock that buickbert mentioned is a good idea
And don't forget a good security system, don't rely on a 2-way paging system noise is the best deterrent.

Best thing is a Viper Alarm (1/4 mile pager, 2 sirens, shock sensitive, doors,hood,trunk trigger switches-back up battery for alarm)

I have this all tied in into their GPS unit
When anything happens like : low battery,any violations (door,trunk,hood,shock) OR MOVED 10 FEET from Orginal Position it will call 3 phone #'s that I designate, over the phone it will tell me where the car is or moving to (streets/avenues) meaning it tracks it or you can right there & then turn over to the Police.
Also I can track the car at all times via Computer

In other words someone is going to jail or get hurt!!!

I also have one of those column guards (red), just to make thiefs think twice!

FRED

tbirdv6 said:
Best thing is a Viper Alarm FRED

I would say that you are wrong on that.

Anything directed electronics are the BEST :p

Viper
Python
Clifford (depending on which models)

These models are almost identical for the exception of different looking remotes.

Howabout replacing the odometer reset button with the nose of a 45. Try to jump the car, you get a bullet in the face.

TURBOV6 said:
I would say that you are wrong on that.

Anything directed electronics are the BEST :p

Viper
Python
Clifford (depending on which models)

These models are almost identical for the exception of different looking remotes.

I would have to say that i'm right, because my package from DEI is awesome, (Alarm/GPS)works the best

And if you don't have this set-up or never had this set-up, then you don't know what your talking about
FRED

tbirdv6 said:
I would have to say that i'm right, because my package from DEI is awesome, (Alarm/GPS)works the best

And if you don't have this set-up or never had this set-up, then you don't know what your talking about
FRED

Just to let you know directed GPS is going through another company to handle it's GPS tracking. The original company that handled their GPS is no longer taking new customers. They are in the transition in finding another GPS company so the mean time no GPS tracking offered through DEI retail shops. The GPS device is not from directed (DEI).

The GPS is from DEI (made for DEI)
And yes-another company handles the alarm-

Either way no matter how you shake the dice-this system(set-up) is Awesome (one of the best out there for protection & recovery!!)

The above is from my personal experience & if I had to buy another system it would identical to what I have Now!
FRED

Back