You can type here any text you want

Gotta pull the heads!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
:mad: Well guys I went to install new valve seals on the buick and when I put the air to #1 I could hear air in the exhaust. This is with the rockers removed so they should not be doing that.:mad: So I checked all of then (both sides) and found 4 holes that leak. All are on the exhaust side. I pulled the inlet from the throttle body and no air from there. Anything I should watch out for? Thanks Jon Hanson

I had a similar problem a while back. If the car ran fine before you decided to do the seals try this. Spray some carb cleaner into the plug and work the exhaust valve with the removal tool, then let it sit overnight. I then pressurized the cylinder with about 120lbs of air and tapped the valve tip with a plastic hammer and after a few hits it made a sound like my 357 going off and sealed up.

The air might be leaking around the rings. I see your motor was rebuilt, how many miles are on your rebuild?

Well I have pulled the exhaust manifolds and the air is leaking out through the exhaust. The motor has 78 miles on it. I bought the heads off the board and foolishly talked myself out of sending them to the machine shop to get checked out prior to installing them. So now I'm just gonna pull them and have them reworked. Jon

Back