You can type here any text you want

GPS Speedo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
Does anyone use a GPS speedometer? Just wondering at the accuracy when accelerating rapidly does the analog gauge skip like the digital dash does? My GPS on my phone does it but would like to use a GPS speedo for simplicity...

Does anyone use a GPS speedometer? Just wondering at the accuracy when accelerating rapidly does the analog gauge skip like the digital dash does? My GPS on my phone does it but would like to use a GPS speedo for simplicity...

depends on what GPS speedo your using .. some are very accurate

I have an autometer speedometer in my boat (its a faster boat), and it doesn't skip at all when accelerating. They have a fairly fluid motion, as it is updating its signal on a more consistent basis compared to your phone. My brother just bought a speedhut unit that he likes a lot for his boat, and once I get around to it plan on buying one for my buick.

I have an autometer speedometer in my boat (its a faster boat), and it doesn't skip at all when accelerating. They have a fairly fluid motion, as it is updating its signal on a more consistent basis compared to your phone. My brother just bought a speedhut unit that he likes a lot for his boat, and once I get around to it plan on buying one for my buick.

the fastest ones I have seen are 10 Hz .. which seem to be fairly linear ... 1 hz is garbage on faster stuff

Back