You can type here any text you want

grand national hood "strut" support problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

haddon57

Hello,
I am a new member with a problem. The hood struts no longer can keep the hood open. I have an '87 Buick Grand National with 9300 miles on it, never raced or dragged (yea right). I am 70 years old and can use some help. Thank you in advance for any help.

I think most auto parts stores have them, just tell them its for a Regal. I remember once I was at Checkers looking for a U joint. I told him I wanted the Large stye U joint for a 9" Ford. Well the employee could'nt do anything with out looking it up by application. I told him thats not going to do us any good, but he insisted. Ok 70 Nova 540 BB 9" Ford Rear.

I got mine at Autozone. The regular ones were too stiff. I ended up getting ones for an aluminum hood. They are fine.

I have heard that sometimes replacing just one is enough to keep the hood open. I have replaced these as a pair a couple of times over the years. It's really only about a 10 minute job max and very easy to do.

Back