You can type here any text you want

Gravity bleeding brakes..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
I just did a manual Master cyl swap (Strange unit) install on my GN. Whenever I work on the brakes my wife helps out by working the pedal inside. Shes now very pregnant and cannot climb over the 10 pt cage so i was forced to do it by myslef.

I read prior posts on gravity bleeding and gave it a try. Id like to see if i did it right. I started with the farthest rear brake and placed a clear hose over the the air bleed. I placed the hose in a clear bottle submerged in fresh fluid.
I cracked open the bleed and let her flow making sure that the MC was always full. I did this all the way around. Took about 2 hrs ,30 mins per corner or untill all bubbles were gone and fluid was clear.... Was this right ?

This is my 1st time with manual brakes so i was a bit surprised that the pedal wasnt stiffer, Hence why i doubted my method. I did move the pivot point up high thinking that i would need the leverage. So im just thinking i have a bunch of leverage making the pedal effort lower than i expected..

I will drive the car tommorow and will know for sure..

An easier way to gravity bleed, is to open all bleeder screws at the same time. Just be sure to keep fluid in the master cylinder.

Back