You can type here any text you want

Great Help To us Imports Guys

• Thread starter Thread starter georgiamiata
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

georgiamiata

I've been using you message board for the import guys that think Water injection does not work to help cool boosted cars.When they see that you guys are running 20+ psi it really changes there tune.I have seen how you guys also don't look down on the Import guys that post questions here and that is a exception to the rule in a American Muscle car site.Keep up the good work and I'll be looking for some more good tips to get a little more Power out of the SC Miata.
Jeff Thibodeau

i think it boils down to the fact that, " a fast car is a fast car "...that's what we are all after...some people with imports spend their money in the right places, whereas others buy stickers and the performance parts they sell at autozone and advanced...:D ...like fart tips, and stuff....
how much are those miata's with the mustang engines...i saw one in charlotte, nc once...i was sitting at a light and i heard a mustang idling but i only saw a miata nearby...he made his left turn and it sounded like a cobra...it was neat...

Monster Miata

Those Monster Miata start at $16,000.00 plus the car the last time I looked and go all the way to like $30,000.00 range plus the car.The difference is what package you get 302 or Supercharged 302(megea Monster Miata) suspension and brake upgrades and what have you.I also don't buy into the RICE as we call it look.I've only seen one guy running a GN here and man was ha moving he ran in the 7's but what surprised me was how quite he was when he went by in the track.Man what a rush!!
Jeff

I run 50/50 right now I wonder if I should go more alky though it seem to be a question about will to more harm than good. i.e. more detonation from too much alky.
Jeff T.

Why would you get detenation from too much alky? I know guys that run staright alcohol with no problems. I would but I'm more worried about my pump being able to handle it.

Well according to aqua mist they make the pump I use from Jackson Racing it's just red instead of blue they say too much alky will cause higher combustion temps which would cause detonation and only suggest 50/50.I have read that you guys run 100% so it seem that theory is shot to heck.
Jeff T.

Originally posted by georgiamiata
Well according to aqua mist they make the pump I use from Jackson Racing it's just red instead of blue they say too much alky will cause higher combustion temps which would cause detonation and only suggest 50/50.I have read that you guys run 100% so it seem that theory is shot to heck.
Jeff T.

Hmmm..........I run STRAIGHT alky and my boost has been set at 25lbs fo almost a year with NO problems!! The key is having the car tuned correctly...........and every car is different so it may take some time.:D

Cool I'll play around with it and see if I can get so more Ponies
Jeff T.

I agree, I love browsing this board and using some of the ideas for DSM applications. I want to do the SMC kit sometime soon so I can be as deadly on the street w/pump gas as at the track w/race gas. :D

Thanks for the hospitality!

Hey Talon, what are you 60' ing in your car. I've read that those AWD DSMs can click off 1.6x and 1.7x without too much effort. Damn AWD CHEATERS :p That's some pretty good power you're making there with that time/mph. Good to have some real import enthusiasts aboard! Hope we can be of service. Once I get rolling with my scantool and get the car running right, I'm thinking of hooking up an alky system. Being deadly on pump gas is TOO sweet :D

Originally posted by Weazel
Hey Talon, what are you 60' ing in your car. I've read that those AWD DSMs can click off 1.6x and 1.7x without too much effort. Damn AWD CHEATERS :p That's some pretty good power you're making there with that time/mph. Good to have some real import enthusiasts aboard! Hope we can be of service. Once I get rolling with my scantool and get the car running right, I'm thinking of hooking up an alky system. Being deadly on pump gas is TOO sweet :D

Well, I have an Automatic, so my best 60' so far is 1.82 on that run. With a little more boost, and maybe a higher stall converter, I could easily get it down to 1.7's. I am already spinning all 4 when I launch. I wieghed the car w/me in it, and it clocked in at 3540lbs. (Full interior, 17" wheels, 1/2 tank of gas, and I weigh about 250) :eek:

Here is the complete Timeslip info:

Car- 1995 TSi AWD A/T
Website- http://at.dsm.org/eagletalonawd
Location- Thunder Valley Raceway, Noble, OK.
Temp- 35 degrees
Date- 03/23/02
60'- 1.828
330- 5.322
1/8- 8.253
mph- 83.68
1000- 10.777
1/4- 12.892
mph- 106.29

Ok, enough rambling. ;)

Darn and I thought 2.0 60' was good.I race with a AWD Talon 95 he has a upgraded turbo and bigger injectors pump and some kind of computer that he links with his laptop runs 12.46 @ 115mph. his 60' are 1.6 makes me sick.
97 SuperCharged Miata 12psi
14.13 @ 96.60MPH
car wieght 2630 (porker)
Jeff T.

Back