You can type here any text you want

Great street races last night.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Power

A kid with a yellow T Type (alky, 51mm, chip, ported heads, stall, slicks) ran an cammed LS1 M6 from a very slow roll, put about 8-10 cars on him :eek:

Then the T Type raced an LS1 TA /m6 with a Magic Stick 3 cam, headers, longtubes, and a 150 shot from a slow roll, the T was ahead of him by about a car through about an 1/8 mile, then the TA caught up and passed him . I was impressed that the regal did so well with a 51mm turbo against a very quick TA. Best I can figure if the TA caught a good launch he should be very low 11's or high 10s and that regal was all over him. If it would have been from a dig, the T Type would have destroyed him :cool: I think the TA makes around 550 hp on the juice...

Fun things happen on highway access roads when your track gets shut down :wink:

I cant see how racing from a roll is fun. When you have a road that is prepped BETTER than a track, and watch cars do wheelies on the street, THAT is street racing.

That TTYPE would of owned the LS1 had it been from a dig. Thats what the turbo is great for.

Jason

Yeah, nobody wanted any of that T Type from a dig :cool:

They raced again last night and went from a roll again :mad:

Sorry, but roll racing takes most of the skill out of the matchup.

Glad to hear a turbo 6 is tearing **** up though. :)

nice races! It's amazing how well a bolt-on regal can do against some well-modded modern muscle.

Yeah, nobody wanted any of that T Type from a dig :cool:

They raced again last night and went from a roll again :mad:

They should wear dresses and be called Sally; the drag racing god has spoken.:biggrin:
Serioulsy, if someone refused to run me from a standing start I wouldn't waste my gas on that ricer. And I'm not even fast.

I cant see how racing from a roll is fun. When you have a road that is prepped BETTER than a track, and watch cars do wheelies on the street, THAT is street racing.

I have yet to see a road like that? Maybe down south the roads are decent but not anywhere there is sand and salt all over the road 8 months a year. Asphalt vs. concrete makes a difference too. But Tx should have decent roads unless ur county does not take care of the roads. When ur several hours from the track and have no trailer to tow the car there ur not left with many options other then a roll. Plus its just easier to do it on a roll and you dont have to stop traffic to do so.

I have yet to see a road like that? Maybe down south the roads are decent but not anywhere there is sand and salt all over the road 8 months a year. Asphalt vs. concrete makes a difference too. But Tx should have decent roads unless ur county does not take care of the roads. When ur several hours from the track and have no trailer to tow the car there ur not left with many options other then a roll. Plus its just easier to do it on a roll and you dont have to stop traffic to do so.

There are some nicely prepped roads in the chicagoland/nw indiana area. BTW, roll racing is ghey, but I admit to running a couple of cbr 600's from a roll.

They should wear dresses and be called Sally; the drag racing god has spoken.:biggrin:
Serioulsy, if someone refused to run me from a standing start I wouldn't waste my gas on that ricer. And I'm not even fast.

Agreed. It makes no sense to me at all. Especially the ones that start at 40+ MPH. I'm offended by "roll" and "racing" being put together in the same sentence. It's not a race.

I've had people come up to me and do the 3-honk thing at highway speeds. I just ignore them. I'm sure there's lots of people driving around that say they 'beat' me. Actually I did get beat on the highway yesterday by a new G6, but that's another story.

Jim

Back