You can type here any text you want

green grease ?, on body mounts ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

413turbo

anyone using green grease (the best grease money can buy). what do you think of it?

i got the prothane body mounts, said on the box it had grease, but didn't. i see i have tubes of green grease on my shelf, was thinking about using it.

There is a special grease that is used for poly bushings.
I believe it's lithium based.
I'd call Prothane and get them to overnight it to you.
It should have been in the box.

anyone using green grease (the best grease money can buy). what do you think of it?

i got the prothane body mounts, said on the box it had grease, but didn't. i see i have tubes of green grease on my shelf, was thinking about using it.

What is a prothane body mount? Is that like polyurethane? Super stiff? I replaced all of the body bushings on my car except for the #5 (I left it off) and now it rides almost like my old 89 TTA! I also have Bilstein shocks. I kind of miss the old mushy ride (I'm getting old). I couldn't imagine how firm YOUR car must ride now.

If they don't send you the grease you can substitute Mobil 1 synthetic if you can find it.

What is a prothane body mount? Is that like polyurethane? Super stiff? I replaced all of the body bushings on my car except for the #5 (I left it off) and now it rides almost like my old 89 TTA! I also have Bilstein shocks. I kind of miss the old mushy ride (I'm getting old). I couldn't imagine how firm YOUR car must ride now.

it is, just cheaper than energy suspension, but side by side- they looked the same to me. and no you could not even imagine how firm the car rides now. i got a few dash rattles while sitting at stop lights also.

i went to a grease and oil site, found that even with ajax- i couldn't wash the green grease off my hands, so i used it, so far so good.

i've always done major suspension mods on my other cars and loved the results. but i've never gone with poly body mounts before. not sure i'd do it again. it made a big change in the ride quality. but i'm not done with the suspension yet, so i'm hoping (probably in vein) that some other mods will help balance it out.

so far i've done the metco lowers, 36mm front sway w/poly end links, and handr motor and trans mounts.

i'm planning on poly rear uppers, del-alum front bushings, jonyce bars, and moog springs. i may drop down to a 34mm front bar(gotta do some testing).

I keep telling folks this !

I put ALL poly bushings from energy suspension...front/rear uppers and lowers, and body bushings...along side bilstein shocks.....prolly won't do that again. kinda rides like a hooptie with hydraulcis. :rolleyes:

Did you guys need longer bolts for the body mounts after you installed the poly bushings? Mine just don't seem to want to take a bite and start.

Did you guys need longer bolts for the body mounts after you installed the poly bushings? Mine just don't seem to want to take a bite and start.

all my stock bolts went right back in, but i was careful not to mix them up.

Back