You can type here any text you want

grinding rocker towers on stock heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I just built the short block yesterday and need to scrape up a few dollars for headgaskets and a timming set. I have a new roller kit from FT ready to go in as soon as I get a timing set and then it is measuring push rods to see if I am good.

Since the heads are still off and I will eventually go with Roller rockers when I have the extra cash for it, I thought it would be a good time to clearence the rocker towers for the roller rockers since I am going to have the heads apart anyway. The problem being is I do not know how much to take off, I have tried to search for pics or a thicknes measurement but no luck......

Can someone please post a pic or tell me how thick the rocker towers are after grinding them to clear a set of roller rockers.

Thank you!

Each tower was different on mine. Some only required a little material removal, some none, some a good bit. You have the right idea about doing it now. You really need the rockers to see which ones need work.

Back