grommet material question for WW tank.

qwiketz

I was going to buy some of these off mcmaster....

9307K27
Military Specification Buna-N Rubber Grommet MS 35489 No.43, AN 931 No.A8-13, 1/2" ID, 1-1/16" OD

and then I saw a post that said no buna rubber. Does it just have a short life, or does it actually break down in the methanol? I need some grommets 1/2" in internal diameter in 1/8" and 1/4". Anyone know where I can get some that are safe for my app?

This is for the windshield wiper tank. I have the bulkhead, but I don't know how to get the backside part of it screwed on since I have an odd shaped WW container that's kinda of got a small neck. It's for a 92 vette.

Instead I was thinking of using a .56" diameter tubular fitting pushed through a 1/2" diameter grommet.

Any ideas on what i can do? The other material choice that they offer is silicone, which appears to be more heat resistant, but I'm not sure of the chemical resistance.

You can use the radiator tank for the alky from the C4 Vette's.

I recommend using the bulkhead with sealing washers as the solution if you can get it through the neck. If not then going with the grommet and fitting as the secondary solution.

Some Buna and some viton are not compatible. So I understand your question.

I dont get my rubber for this pupose from McMaster Carr.

HTH

No, you cannot use aluminum with alcohol. I mean the radiator tank located under the passenger headlight. That is made out of plastic.

I dont know your application or what your trying to do. So my help to you has been generic.

And understand some items/procedures I will not post or reveal how theyre done. Thats trade secret stuff.