Ground for trunk install?

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Would the best way to provide a solid ground to trunk mounted equipment be to run a 4gauge wire from the frame rail, through a waterproof grommet and into the trunk ... then, well to a distribution block?

What means should I use to make the ground point at the frame?

There are some existing holes in the frame rail that are very hard to get nuts and bolts to but it can be done. Clean the frame well then use a wire wheel with a drill to bare metal. Use a large gauge wire I used #2. Large ring on the cable. When done you sock the bolt down good and use a lock washer. Cover with undercoating or do what I did and use some dielectric grease over it. It will turn black quickly and look like the rest of the frame only lumpier lol.

Worked for me. Or you can drill and clean a hole in the frame where there is easy access for a nut and bolt.

Just my .02.

On the right track!

I did mine the same way as Salvage did. I used the tightest grommet for a water titght seal and I had to use WD-40 to slide 4 AWG cable through grommet or it would pull the grommet out during installation. If you dont have a wire brush, use a dremmel tool with a cut off disc to grind down to bare metal. Either way will work as long as you are grounded to bare metal.