You can type here any text you want

Ground Wires 86-87 vs 84-85

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Are there any differences in ground ground wire locations when you compare 86-87s vs 84-85s? The reason why I ask is because my car is an 84 with and 87 engine in it. I have one wire in the middle of the firewall behind the coil that is a ground wire for something. I bought the car with the swap already done so I really dont have any reference to compare the two. Overall driveability has decent so I really never stressed about it.

if it is about 1/2 inch wide it is a ground strap that goes to the engine, but I think you're probably talking about the smaller (about 1/4) wide strap, if so it goes to the heater core to prevent static charge buildup from coolant running through it, which in time will deteriorate the heater core.

if it is about 1/2 inch wide it is a ground strap that goes to the engine, but I think you're probably talking about the smaller (about 1/4) wide strap, if so it goes to the heater core to prevent static charge buildup from coolant running through it, which in time will deteriorate the heater core.

Thanks, the 1/4 '' one is the culprit.

Back