You can type here any text you want

Ground wires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
I've been chasing electrical problems for a while now,could anyone tell me where the most problem prone grounds you had to fix or ones you known to get loose are located? ThanX.I.A

I've been chasing electrical problems for a while now,could anyone tell me where the most problem prone grounds you had to fix or ones you known to get loose are located? ThanX.I.A

What kind of electrical problems are you having? The most problematic grounds on the motor are the ones on the back of the right head.

My car threw a code 22, the TPS is set a .44 while idleing it went to .12 the idle got high(2100) then went back to .44 the SES light went out. I bought a new TPS and hooked it up and nomatter where I moved it the SM said .02 and would not move, the TPS is BWD EC1098(49 and below it 1379 on it)Maybe someone will know if thats the right one?.That is the second one I got either of them worked.I put my old one on and it works,but then it starts going WACKO.I checked all the wireing going to it:confused: Also I have a PYTHON alarm and when its set the security light on the dash would light up,now when the alarm is set the wWASHER FLUID light is on:eek: . This just started about a week ago. My buddies all think I have ground issues, I gotta start somewhere:confused:

Did you ...

reset the ecm each time? there is a grd wire to the fender, by the battery and another youmay want to check from fire wall to the intake manifold by the d/s throttle linkage. if you disconnect the alarm wiring does it go back to normal?:confused:

Electrical Problems

What kind of electrical problems are you having? The most problematic grounds on the motor are the ones on the back of the right head.
Get a ground stretcher kit and if it is a ground problem it should cure it.Great to have anyway!!!!!!

Update!!!!

Well i have fixed my up and down TPS numbers:cool: It was the wires that go into the plug that plugs into the TPS. I got a pigtail from caspers and it doesnt move at all now, the old one was real loose(all 3 wires). Hope this could help someone with the same kind of problem. ThanX guys!

Back