GS motor in a rear drive El Camino?

BooBoo231cu

What would I be looking at to do this? Also, the El Camino doesn't have AC, and I would like this car to have AC. Could I hook up the Condenser to this car? I know I can use a trans from a new Camaro V6. The computer will have to be modified to use the Camaro tranny. What else might I run into. This is for my friend, her 305 blew a head gasket, so I told her maybe she should upgrade. I'm sure it will need a modified driveshaft as well. Has anyone else converted these cars to RWD. I thought someone had a picture of a 30's high-boy roadster with the blown 3.8? Thanks for any help guys!:confused:

Well I don't think it's been done alot. I've looked into doing this a bit. It'll be alot of custom work. You'll need all the accessories from the donor car and all the engine wiring. A V6 camaro tranny will work, as will an older 2.8 S10 700R4. You'll probably have to modify the flex plate.

Thanks for the reply!! What tranny do you think will be better? The camaro has more Hp, so I guess that will be best? The problems I have heard about are with the wires for the trans. The GS has some kinda electronic trans thingy? I'm not sure. My buddie says he can do the exhaust, so thats a plus. I know someone had a picture of a rear drive GS motor in a hot rod. Where are you peoples!!??:eek:

why not look at an lc2 out of a gn? they make more power but are a little bigger, but in an elcamino space shouldn't be a big problem. it looks like you've done somethig similar with a z28 in your signature

The way that is written is deceiving. I sold that Z28, and now I have a Turbo T (Rosewood) and an 86' GN, and an El Camino. I am not the bes on computers, and don't know how to get into my thingy to update the cars I have. The GS motor is less to fool with and the Camino has no rear weight, so I want a motor without all the tourque. The car has a 305 with a blown headgasket. I just wanted to replace the whole motor and was hopeing someone in here would know what to do, and how. I need help here guys. I can get the GS engine, and I'm sure the trans won't be too hard either. Thanks for any help!!!:confused: