GS Nationals Who's going ??

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
This will be my first time going to Bowling Green and was just wondering who's going and where most like to stay . I don't want to book a room at the " wrong " hotel , I would like to hang with the turbo 6 crowd . Sam

kirban 2 cents worth

Unfortunately its the same time as the MAGNA event which is closer to me and I already got enough trips planned this summer..

However to answer your question the Drury Inn is where we always stayed as did Richard Clark and many others....good value.

book early and specify first floor its a habit of mine as I have an issue with elevators...also in case of a fire its best to always be on the first floor no matter where you stay....

I used to travel 2 weeks every month in the 70s and 80s all over....just a few tips...I learned....

visit the vette museum a must see place

Thanks for the info Dennis . The Drury Inn was mentioned to me in another thread . I google mapped it and it looks like there is a lot of parking & room for trailers . The Corvette museum is on my schedule , and I have to go I'm a GM employee .

I don't know I'll be in Maryland for the NE Buick regionals! Might make it to Bowling green one year when the dates change!
We've been putting on the Cecil Co car show for a few years now. It's got to be the best Buick car show anywhere! If we could get more of the V6 racers out then it would be perfect! On a money stand point (getting through the gate and track condition) racing is better at Cecil co. Yellow Bullet Nats are held there every year!
It's a very fast track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year i went to Cecil on a Saturday and barely got 3 runs in. The track was open to everyone, bunch of other races were going on.

At least GS Nationals is for Buicks only. Hopefully will make it there this year.

The Nationals isn't open to everyone so you should be able to get plenty of runs in.

I think you'll have more luck getting runs in if you're in an actual class. I was lucky to get two runs in last year (although it got rained out the last day).

It will be my third time to go, I went in '06, '16 but the first time in my car. :cool:

There are several Buick folks going from the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

There are at least 6 or more from DFW, I will be going and my brother from OKC. Hope to make it a good time although I really want to make RCG next year maybe I just cant do too many trips that far out of town. Buick vs Ford will be coming up at Noble in OKC and wether Ford wins or not, its a good time with the Buick guys in this area, only wish a few faster rides could make it, most everyone in our group took home a win for team Buick!

It's hard to pick a hotel with mostly turbo people. All the locations seem to have a mix of older and newer buicks. Holiday inn and Hampton seem to draw a crowd. The news inn would be packed but it's turning into a dive. Red roof inn was still a good spot. Scottsville road area has plenty of motels to choose from