You can type here any text you want

gt6152E,alky,60lber's..which chip to get?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbogreg

just wanted to know which chip i should order up. it's an 87 GN everything but heads and cam pretty much. running the regular translator with 3'' lt1 MAF. i have the razor's progressive alky kit on the car as well as a turbotweak alky chip. i was looking at the extender chip and new commander chip as well. is there that much of a difference? really like the security features in the extender chip, but my turbotweak chip has been flawless.

Greg

Stay with turbotweak and put in a kill switch. With the regular translator it doesnt matter what chip you use because it cant control fuel anyway. Stay with turbotweak.

Jason

thanks, for the input. i really like the turbotweak chips so maybe the kill switch will be next up.

Greg

The latest Extender chip is packed with features that make life easy, and tuning a breeze.
The Commander chip is basically similar to the extender except that it is designed for stock maf's

Highly recommend the Extender

Stay with turbotweak and put in a kill switch. With the regular translator it doesnt matter what chip you use because it cant control fuel anyway. Stay with turbotweak.

Jason

You can use the extender chip with the regular translator, you just can not adjust the timing. The extender allows to read double the airflow of the stock MAF, no more guessing at the amount of fuel required after the MAF maxs out.

Mike

Regarding the anti-theft features, I found them to be a pain when working/tweeking the car. Personally, it was just a hassle I didn't really need. Though my car is parked in a locked garage w/alarm every night. When the car wouldnt' start for other reasons, I kept 2nd guessing whether I did the disarm sequence correctly. Others seem to really like those features though, but its a thought I wished I'd have considered. Right now it's being sent back to have it taken off the chip.

Regarding the anti-theft features, I found them to be a pain when working/tweeking the car. Personally, it was just a hassle I didn't really need. Though my car is parked in a locked garage w/alarm every night. When the car wouldnt' start for other reasons, I kept 2nd guessing whether I did the disarm sequence correctly. Others seem to really like those features though, but its a thought I wished I'd have considered. Right now it's being sent back to have it taken off the chip.
ditto and I totally agree

While theft feature is a PIA you will love it if someone tries to steal your car as they did mine. You can disable it on the extreme chips.

That's the beauty of the extender. You can turn that feature off, unlike the old thrashers where you were stuck with it.

Jason

Ditto.... you can't go wrong with Eric's Chip....

yep, went with the turbo tweak. cars in the garage for the winter getting the suspension and gonna pop it on the dyno this march. we'll see what it puts down on unopened motor with the 61mm.

Back