You can type here any text you want

gta dimpled or non dimpled

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
which are better the non dimpled or dimpled??

It doesn't really matter, both styles are ok. It also becomes a matter of taste...some people prefer the non-dimpled ones ans some others will prefer the dimpled ones. (I personally don't care as long as the 4 wheels are alike). The non-dimpled were used on earlier Trans Am's ('85-'88... I think) and the dimpled ones on later Trans Am's...('89 and up)

Claude.;)

It will be harder and possibly more expensive to accumulate or obtain a set of 4 as non-dimps are scarcer and some have even been filled by peeps that want a set of true look-a-like GNX rims. I would settle for a set of 4 front of either ones.

Here's another thread on the subject http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-wanted/251129-non-dimpled-gta-wheels-color-doesnt-matter.html
From what I've read on the 3rd gen boards the only years for non-dimpled wheels are 86-87.

There are a few myths floating around that the non-dimpled are stronger because they are cast different. I don't see it anyway. I never heard of one breaking from heavy usage and I used to hang around with some American Sedan racers that like to use these wheels and they beat the heck out of them.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. I mean that wheel has so many holes in it what's another dozen or so?

There are a few myths floating around that the non-dimpled are stronger because they are cast different. I don't see it anyway. I never heard of one breaking from heavy usage and I used to hang around with some American Sedan racers that like to use these wheels and they beat the heck out of them.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. I mean that wheel has so many holes in it what's another dozen or so?

Exactly !...especially since these dimples do not go through the wheel...they're just that..."dimples" not holes and do not weaken the wheel in any way. :rolleyes:

Claude.
:smile:

There was a thread posted on TB.com about 2 years ago maybe regarding this very same subject that had a lot of good information on it. Accordingly, I have also read that the dimpled rims were stronger, but that was supposedly due to a different method of manufacture, and not due directly to the dimples. I have never been able to substantiate this claim or statement. I have never been able to directly chat with anybody that had direct knowledge of this.

Back