GTA TransAm wheel ???

1badGT

FORD and GM owner....WTF!
Can i use fronts and rears from a GTA ? OR Does it have to be strictly fronts or rears ? Will spacers help ?
What years were the GTA wheel similar to the GNX wheel ?:confused:

'86-88 GTA fronts look the most like a GNX wheel.

'89-92 Fronts have dimples in the spokes near the rim, close, but slightly different.

GTA fronts have about 1/2 in more BS than GNX Fronts and about 1 in more BS than GNX rears.

GTA rears will only fit in front with spacers and forget about putting them in back. They have too much BS to work, there.

Originally posted by UNGN
'86-88 GTA fronts look the most like a GNX wheel.

'89-92 Fronts have dimples in the spokes near the rim, close, but slightly different.

GTA fronts have about 1/2 in more BS than GNX Fronts and about 1 in more BS than GNX rears.

GTA rears will only fit in front with spacers and forget about putting them in back. They have too much BS to work, there.

Thanks,
So basically, I can use the rears from a GTA on the front of a GN w/ spacers........and the fronts from a GTA will directly bolt to a GN rear.
OR
use all fronts from a GTA for all 4 on a GN w/out spacers.

Is that correct ?

Thankyou.

Originally posted by 1badGT
Thanks,
So basically, I can use the rears from a GTA on the front of a GN w/ spacers........and the fronts from a GTA will directly bolt to a GN rear.
OR
use all fronts from a GTA for all 4 on a GN w/out spacers.

Is that correct ?

Thankyou.

Yes, about 9/16" of spacers..........buy and install 2" lug studs before you attempt this.

i picked up a set of 87 GTA rims from my friend for 50$ they are perfect the centers just need to be painted black. so i should put the front in the rear of my GN, then put the rears in the front with a 9/ 16th wheel spacer and longer studs? thanks for the help i dont mean to hijack or anything- and also where can i find some spacers?

I just bought and installed mine......I used the rear T/A on the front of my GN and the front T/A wheel on the rear of my GN, I also have GNX fender flares on my car so I bought (4) 2" thick billet aluminum wheel spacers and installed them 1st then the wheels. Looks awesome...fills up the well.:D

what would they look like with no spacers if you put the fronts on the rears and rears on the front with the stock GN fender lip

the fronts have to be installed w/ a min. 1/4" spacer to keep the wheel from scraping the lower control arm when turning.....personally, i think they sit in way too far to look correct with no spacers at all........not too sure about w/ no flares as my car already had them on.

so if i put a 9/ 16ths spacer itll make it look good? also i cant find any 9/16ths i keep finding like 1/4" anyone know where i can order some. thanks

if i use 1" spacers on the front of my car with rear GTA wheels- and put the fronts on the back with no spacers would it look good?

damn this is getting difficult lol ok i guess ill try and track down some 1" and some 1.25" spacers- thanks for all the help

Originally posted by 1badGT
the fronts have to be installed w/ a min. 1/4" spacer to keep the wheel from scraping the lower control arm when turning.....personally, i think they sit in way too far to look correct with no spacers at all........not too sure about w/ no flares as my car already had them on.

you can get away with this to start with , then take your measurements and go from there....thats what i did.:D

how sure are ya on the 1 for the front and 1.25 for the rear- if your 100% sure itll look good ill take your word for it and order them now- i want it to look good my first shot lol. with those measurements im still putting the rears in the front and vice versa correct? thanks for all your help man

Originally posted by ajt86
how sure are ya on the 1 for the front and 1.25 for the rear- if your 100% sure itll look good ill take your word for it and order them now- i want it to look good my first shot lol. with those measurements im still putting the rears in the front and vice versa correct? thanks for all your help man

I'm not 100% sure.....I have the GNX flares and I use 2" spacers and it looks awesome.
1" & 1.25" w/o flares will put the T/A wheels just inside of the stock fender lip w/ 245-50-16's.
Yes, you deff use the rear T/A wheels on the front of the GN and vice-versa.

well on the street i run a 255/60/r16 for them in the back, and a 225/60/r16 in the front- should i go with a smaller back spacing or will that be ok? thanks for all the help man i realy apreciate it

Originally posted by ajt86
well on the street i run a 255/60/r16 for them in the back, and a 225/60/r16 in the front- should i go with a smaller back spacing or will that be ok? thanks for all the help man i realy apreciate it

not too sure with that odd tire size........but it should still remain the same as we're talking about wheel back spacing.:)

thanks man- ill be buying my spacers and putting my wheels on this week after the painter paints the centers black- thanks for all the help