You can type here any text you want

GTA Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Does anyone know of some different center caps that can be used with the GTA wheel? The way these center caps fit in the wheel is so cheesy, if you look at it wrong it pops off.
Mike
86 GN

Attachments

• DSC01763.jpg
    DSC01763.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC01762.jpg
    DSC01762.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 204
the kirban and repop caps arent the same plastic used on the originals , they have less flexibility and hold like sh1t and like you say if you look at them wrong the tabs break , even they recommend glueing them to the wheel with some silicone ,.
i lost two of those in two days on the same bump in the road , they werent glued :(

a better alternative is to search for the fbody chrome GM restoration parts repops or some of the original chrome caps , some of those caps have a metal retainer that pops into the cap , you can pull the retainer out and pop it into your cap and when inplace you now have metal tabs to grab the wheel.

Junk yard dive for a day & get metal retainer inserts. They snap right in. Tried getting the metal retainers only from GM but they are long gone.

I have original GNX stickers from Joe Harrington. I guess it is time to get them copied & produce some inexpensive replacements.

most definately! remember when I bought those GNX stickers from you? Thats what they went on, a set of JC's center caps! Feel free to hook me up with a few parts for the info! JUST KIDDING! Take care Brian!

most definately! remember when I bought those GNX stickers from you? Thats what they went on, a set of JC's center caps! Feel free to hook me up with a few parts for the info! JUST KIDDING! Take care Brian!

Sell me the 87 Limited Black out with Moon roof & I'll hook you up for life!
Damn shame original GNX stickers on a JC whitney cap! :eek:

Sell me the 87 Limited Black out with Moon roof & I'll hook you up for life!
Damn shame original GNX stickers on a JC whitney cap! :eek:

HAHA!!!! We'll see what she looks like after the resto! I unfortunately do have to sell it becuase of this Custody battle and having to refurnish my house but i think I have a fairly serious buyer as of now! But hey, I did get a bed so I'm not sleeping in my sleeping bag anymore! Just have to wait till Christmas to get my bedding! My mom says it's gross to sleep on this bare mattris but you got to do what you got to do right?!

That is the only thing I have ever purchased from JC but they are damn worth the $24 compared to $65 from Kirbans!

HAHA!!!! We'll see what she looks like after the resto! I unfortunately do have to sell it becuase of this Custody battle and having to refurnish my house but i think I have a fairly serious buyer as of now! But hey, I did get a bed so I'm not sleeping in my sleeping bag anymore! Just have to wait till Christmas to get my bedding! My mom says it's gross to sleep on this bare mattris but you got to do what you got to do right?!

That is the only thing I have ever purchased from JC but they are damn worth the $24 compared to $65 from Kirbans!

I really want that car Jeremy if it is black. I have a Black 87 hard top Limited here with black out trim. If he backs out let me know put me in line. Cash here waiting :biggrin:

I ordered a set of caps this morning. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Well, actually it's a white one with maroon interior! Concert Sound, Black out, Limited, no rear defrost, CC, PW, PL, PAntenna, 57K miles, Moonroof, etc! That would be very sweet to have a black Limited with black out trim! Damn, that would be awesome! I wonder how many of those puppies were made? Not many I'm sure!

Sorry, we should probably not hijack this thread anymore than we already have!!!

Ah Had too many Beers last night & ASSumed it was black for some reason.Sounds like a beautiful car. Sorry to hear what you are going thru. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Q's were answered. I do appologize for the Hi-jack.
Returned your PM on the rebuild kit for the antenna as well.

Back