You can type here any text you want

GTA wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6SENSE

Hey guys, Ive got some GTA wheels on my Ttype. Figured you guys would be the best to ask: what is the width of these 16" wheels? I would guess they are 16x8, but would like to know for sure as I am trying to decide on tires. Ive found it difficult finding different tire sizes for 16's. 245/50's are often the widest I can find for most of the brands. Is this an issue for you guys? Im probably going to wind up with 245/50's all the way around, but initially was thinking that I would have something wider in the back.
Thanks for any input.

The GTA wheels are the same as the wheels that come on the TurboTA arent they?

wheel size

yes, they are 16x8....you can put 255/50-16's on them, they tend to look a little better on the buicks...that is what the gnx had.
www.tirerack.com
they have 18 sizes in 255/50-16
kumho ecsta supra 712's are $87.00 each
sumitomo htrz are $93.00 each
these are the least expensive and would work real well on a ttype. They have other brands that cost more , but you won't see a difference on a car like a ttype....if you were more concerned with ultimate handling like on a porsche, or corvette etc...then you might spend a little more money...but a ttype, that originally came with 215's and non speed rated.....you know what i mean.
I had some of the same wheels and tires on a gn several years ago...i could pull 1.9-2.0 60ft's with them, worked fine for me.

They are the same (as previously said), but on an "F" car they are axle specific. Meaning they are identified on the backside as front only, or, rear only. The fronts have the offset that is clearly visible (deep dish). turbota

Thanks alot guys! Thanks for all the info syclone01!
Ive been reviewing the choices at tirerack.com. Improving 60ft times (being able to hold boost at the line without spinning) is a concern of mine, but Im not sure if I want to get DRs because I dont think they will last long. The Pirelli P7000 Supersports are currently my top choice ($109), but they dont make 255's. I dont know how much of a difference in traction there will be between 245's and 255's :confused: Do you guys think there will be much difference?

tires

not much diff in traction. but on the ttypes. the 255's will be a little wider, and taller...will fill up the fenderwells of the buicks a lot better, in my opinion looks better....might ride a tad better since they aren't quite a low profile tire as the 245....but not much diff either way.........

Back