You can type here any text you want

GTI R32 Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
I had an 03 GTI VR6 and was without a doubt my favorite daily driver so far. Handled great, 6 speed, heated leather seats, sunroof, pretty quick and got 26 mpg.

I have had my eye on a couple GTI R32's. (AWD with a little bigger 3.2 motor vs. 2.8) Both have turbos and both aint cheap.

Basically, I was looken for something AWD and thought about one of these. These little things rip. Pretty dam good mph. The standard GTI is pretty light at about 2900 lbs. The R32 is quite a bit heavier at about 3400 lbs due to the AWD but didn't seem to slow this one down to much.

YouTube - 10 sec vw R32 turbo (run 3)

the only thing that sucks about those cars are they are 90% fwd and 10% rwd WTF!!!

but with exhaust the sound that comes from the pipes is amazining. sounds very exotic.

the only thing that sucks about those cars are they are 90% fwd and 10% rwd WTF!!!

but with exhaust the sound that comes from the pipes is amazining. sounds very exotic.
Yea, I read that up on the Vortex forum but I guess it depends what ur application is. For a daily driver I would want more going to the front wheels vs. the rear.

If I want to go really fast I could bring out the big gun.:cool:

Yea, I read that up on the Vortex forum but I guess it depends what ur application is. For a daily driver I would want more going to the front wheels vs. the rear.

If I want to go really fast I could bring out the big gun.:cool:

you can buy a diff for them that splits them 60/40 or 50/50....one of those i forget lol

it would be a great DD for sure. i like them, i think they are cool lil cars.

you can buy a diff for them that splits them 60/40 or 50/50....one of those i forget lol

it would be a great DD for sure. i like them, i think they are cool lil cars.

That's true. I think this is the one those guys like the run on theirs. A Quaife Torque Biasing All Wheel Drive Differential.

I don't really know a whole hell of a lot about the upgrades to these other then basics but a diff. upgrade is probably pretty common I would think on the turboed R32's.

WOW! i wouldn't have expected that type of performance from that lil thing.

I had an 03 GTI anniversary 1.8 that dyno'd 220hp {to the front wheels}. Does'nt sound like a lot but that little turd would fly. Smoothest 6 spd I've ever driven.

I had an 03 GTI anniversary 1.8 that dyno'd 220hp {to the front wheels}. Does'nt sound like a lot but that little turd would fly. Smoothest 6 spd I've ever driven.
Those were awesome to. Got any pics? Here's a couple of my VR6.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 194
They are really nice cars, a little too small for me personally but they have potential.:cool:

Yea, they are very tight inside. You ain't moven around cause there ain't much room to move around in. I guess that's by design. Nothn like good old Buford tho.....:)

Back